The Burton Congregational Church was organized in 1808 and met in several nearby locations before this present building was erected in 1836 at a cost of $4,000. It was originally located within the park directly opposite where it stands today, but . . . — — Map (db m122754) HM
In 1796, surveyors for the Connecticut Land Company designated an area five miles square surrounding this place as Range 7, Township 7 of the Connecticut Western Reserve. A landowner's expedition on June 15, 1798, arrived at the . . . — — Map (db m122760) HM
In 1877, Burton Village merchants purchased this ten-pound Parrott gun from the War Department in Washington, D.C. The cannon is said to have been fired at Lookout Mountain, Tennessee, during the Civil War.
The inauguration of Rutherford B. . . . — — Map (db m122771) HM
Erected to the Memory of the Soldiers of the American Revolution buried in Burton, Ohio
This tablet was placed by citizens of Burton and dedicated by the Western Reserve Society, Sons of the American Revolution
September 12, 1937.
Amos Beard . . . — — Map (db m122773) WM
In recognition of its noteworthy representation of the history, culture, and architecture of the Western Reserve, Burton Village's Historic District was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The Historic . . . — — Map (db m122778) HM
Built in 1838 by Eleazer Hickox who came to Burton in 1804. The frame annex is part of the old home of Thomas Umberfield, the first white settler in this, Geauga County. He arrived here in 1798. — — Map (db m122779) HM
The Second High School
This Queen Anne style building with segmental-arched windows and steep hipped roof was Burton's second high school. Completed in 1885 at a cost of $12,500, it is wood framed with a brick and stone . . . — — Map (db m122774) HM
Welton Cemetery was known as Roselawn Cemetery until the early 1900s. Early settlers to the Burton area donated the land. Welton Cemetery is the burial place for veterans of the nation's wars and for several state officials. Judge . . . — — Map (db m122782) HM