Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Collinsville, Connecticut Historical Markers

 
Canton Soldiers Memorial at the Town Hall entrance. image, Touch for more information
By Alan M. Perrie, May 28, 2017
Canton Soldiers Memorial at the Town Hall entrance.
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Canton Soldiers Memorial
In honor of the men of this town who have served our country in her various wars for freedom and in grateful recognition of their heroism and the sacrifice they made This tablet is erected by the Canton Soldiers Memorial . . . — Map (db m103786) WM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Charter Oak Offspring
Offspring of Connecticut Original Charter Oak Troop 77 Collinsville Boy Scouts of America April 25, 1964 — Map (db m92430) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Collinsville- Railroad from both sides
From the book “Connecticut Railroads” by Turner & Jacobs. Train time at Collinsville, Connecticut on the Central New England Railway. Because the main-line track was on the outskirts of town, trains actually backed into the station. This . . . — Map (db m93067) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Collinsville, Town of CantonCentral New England Railroad
Central New England Railroad had several names but started in 1871 and ended in 1927. It ran from Hartford, Connecticut to Millerton, New York. The train came into this High Street Junction (on Dyer Avenue) from Simsbury. The passenger station was . . . — Map (db m92461) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Collinsville, Town of CantonViewing Site on the River
Canoe Club, circa 1910- The club house was near the present-day nursery. Note: The house in back was lost in the flood of 1955 Ice on the river, Circa 1900 View of the river from the tracks, Circa 1910 Station, circa 1911, . . . — Map (db m92462) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Collinsville’s Powerhouse Station No. 3
This powerhouse was built in 1935 to house a low-head, Francis-type turbine and a General Electric remote controlled generator. The turbine and generator were purchased by The Collins Company from a municipality in Lenoir, North Carolina and . . . — Map (db m92548) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — Constitution Oak
Commemorating Connecticut’s 1902 Constitutional Convention Presented to Collins Co. President E.H. Sears Canton Delegate — Map (db m92431) HM
Connecticut (Hartford County), Collinsville — The Collins Company Plow Building
This building was built in 1865. Here, plows were assembled, painted, labeled and stored. By 1870, the Collins Company was producing 100 plows a day. The introduction of the tractor and gasoline powered farm equipment eventually made hand . . . — Map (db m93373) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement