May 25, 1864. Maj. Gen P. R. Cleburne’s div. marched with Hardee’s A.C. [CS] from New Hope Church May 24th, to Power Springs.
These troops, the left flank of Johnson’s Army, marched S.E. to find the position of the Federals known to be near . . . — — Map (db m49846) HM
May 24, 25, 1864. Hardee’s corps, of Gen. J. E. Johnston’s army [CS], having marched on the 23rd from Stegall's Station (Emerson), passed this way to Powder Springs, where it camped until 3 a.m. of the 25th, when it counter-marched toward Dallas . . . — — Map (db m20815) HM
Oct. 3-6, 1864. Lt. Gen. John B. Hood [CS] had h'dq'rs at the Colley house which stood 500 ft. N. of this marker. Hood, enroute with his army to Tennessee, after the fall of Atlanta, marked time in this vicinity while Stewart’s A. C. wrecked the . . . — — Map (db m20788) HM
In 1912 Julius Rosenwald, President of Sears, Roebuck and Company, established the Rosenwald Fund to assist in community school construction of public schools for
African-American students in the South. The Julius Rosenwald Fund assisted local . . . — — Map (db m13466) HM