Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Roseville, Michigan Historical Markers

 
Left Images image, Touch for more information
By Joel Seewald, July 21, 2018
Left Images
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — A Plank Road History Gratiot Avenue and "The Junction"
There had to be a better way to travel through the countryside when Michigan was young. In the mid-1800s, the new Gratiot Turnpike between Detroit and Mt. Clemens was a swampy and rutted dirt road. To improve things, in 1846 the State of . . . — Map (db m120549) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — L906 — Erin United Presbyterian Church
Under the leadership of the Reverend Harry N. Bissell of Mount Clemens, several families organized the First Presbyterian Church of Erin in 1860. The original thirteen members held their first services in a small schoolhouse. They were the first . . . — Map (db m110738) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — Frenchy's Auto Parts Helping Hands for the Roseville Community
During World War II, new cars were not available and people came to Frenchy's Auto Parts to keep their cars running. Owners Dumitru and Anna Simionescu experienced difficulties — rebuilding from a 1949 fire and financial struggles . . . — Map (db m120723) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — Packard Field in Roseville From Airport to Shopping Center
Ground was broken here in many ways. At this site along Gratiot Avenue, Michigan's first commercial airport was established in 1919, and in 1954 Michigan's first shopping center opened here. Packard Motor Car Company, a leading American . . . — Map (db m120651) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — Rapid Railway Company and Its Interurban Stops in Roseville
Interurban service became the most successful mode of transportation through Roseville in the early 1900s. Starting in 1895, the Rapid Railway Company ran electric interurbans along Gratiot Avenue between Detroit and Mt. Clemens, a . . . — Map (db m120631) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — L1354 — Sacred Heart Church
On June 1, 1861, the Reverend Amandus Van Den Driessche, from the Detroit Diocese, helped establish a Catholic mission at Utica Junction (now Roseville). The Sacred Heart mission, composed of Irish, German, Belgian and French families, completed its . . . — Map (db m110679) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — St. Mark Lutheran Church Michigan Sesquicentennial Organization
This plaque is issued by the Historical Society of Michigan in recognition of St. Mark Lutheran Church founded in 1850 for more than 150 years of continuous operation in service to the people of Michigan and for . . . — Map (db m133958) HM
Michigan (Macomb County), Roseville — Watching the Big Show at the Gratiot Drive-In Theater
The outdoor theater was a delightful landmark in Roseville and in the memories of people who enjoyed the Gratiot Drive-In for 36 years. It first opened in 1948 and offered entertainment until it closed in September 1984. People fondly . . . — Map (db m120666) HM

8 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement