OF FOUNTAIN COUNTY, INC.
BOOE - INLOW - D'ARLIER
for the restoration
and preservation of the
Prairie / Craftman House
D'Arlier Cultural Center
Built in . . . — — Map (db m19174) HM
John Gilmore entered first land in Township — 1826.
Alanson Savage built steam saw mill produced timbers for “Plank Road” — 1840.
Rev. Jones organized Methodist Church — 1852.
Early Families: Furrs, Booes, . . . — — Map (db m3805) HM
Peter and James Layton, half brothers, came from New York, 1853. Here was the train stop for the residents of the area of the Plank Road ½ mile south. There a blacksmith shop, grocery, the stage stop, “Halfway House” were located. — — Map (db m3466) HM
Church: Established by United Brothers in 1828.
Building erected 1847 - Used until 1900.
Cemetery 1837 to present time.
The last resting place of pioneers and soldiers who served our country in seven wars. — — Map (db m3403) HM
1919 - 1991
Veedersburg Post 288
In Memory of those from
Veedersburg & Vanburen Twp.
who served, and those who
gave their lives in the
service of their Country.
World War . . . — — Map (db m7779) WM
Scott, Hultz, and Sigler commissioners appointed by State Legislature to form the newly formed Fountain County Seat of Justice, met here at William B. White Home.
He erected the County's first mill here near the covered bridge, the County's . . . — — Map (db m20411) HM