Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Wartrace, Tennessee Historical Markers

 
Beechwood Plantation surrounding image, Touch for more information
By Tom Gillard, December 26, 2009
Beechwood Plantation surrounding
Tennessee (Bedford County), Wartrace — 3G 42 — Beechwood Plantation
On Cortner Road (County Route 269), on the right when traveling south.
The Beechwood Plantation house, which formerly stood at this site, was an important Confederate headquarters during the Tullahoma Campaign. It was built for Col. Andrew Erwin, Jr. and family in 1826. The Erwins, who were southern sympathizers, . . . — Map (db m25862) HM
Tennessee (Bedford County), Wartrace — 3G 34 — Strolling Jim
On Blackman Boulevard West (State Highway 64) near Spring Street, on the right when traveling north.
Strolling Jim, the first World's Champion Tennessee Walking Horse, is buried in a pasture directly behind the Walking Horse Hotel. Foaled in 1936, this former work horse was ridden to the championship by Floyd Carothers at the first Walking Horse . . . — Map (db m24165) HM
Tennessee (Bedford County), Wartrace — 3G 44 — Wartrace
On Blackman Boulevard (Tennessee Route 64), on the right when traveling south.
In 1850, Rice Coffey gave eight acres to the Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad on which the main line would run with a depot and freight house at the junction of the branch line to Shelbyville. In 1851, town lots were laid off. The following year, . . . — Map (db m88407) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement