On East Eufaula Street at South Peters Avenue, on the left when traveling east on East Eufaula Street.
Norman was designated as the seat of Cleveland County shortly after the Land Run of 1889. The first permanent courthouse was located in the Original Townsite of Norman at the corner of Gray Street and Ponca Avenue. This structure was destroyed by . . . — — Map (db m121720) HM
On East Comanche Street at South Peters Avanue, on the right when traveling east on East Comanche Street.
Although the Norman townsite was settled during the Land Run on April 22, 1889, Cleveland County did not exist for another year, and almost
wasn't named Cleveland County. In fact, if not for the efforts of Norman's early citizens and civic leaders, . . . — — Map (db m121630) HM