On North Langlade Road 0.3 miles south of Wisconsin Highway 52 / 64, on the left when traveling south.
This plain was made thousands of years ago by rivers of water flowing from hills of melting glacial ice that lay a short distance north and east of here. The summer flood waters first laid down gravel, which was then covered by four feet of fertile . . . — — Map (db m36822) HM
On Superior Street (U.S. 45) at Milton Street on Superior Street.
Born in Canton Valais, Switzerland.
Emigrated to America in 1848.
Enlisted in Co. E. 6th Wis. Vol. Inf. 1861.
Served in the Iron Brigade
under Gen. Bragg. Wounded at Antietam
and taken prisoner at Gettysburg.
Honorably discharged in . . . — — Map (db m33768) HM
Near Aurora Street at 7th Avenue, on the left when traveling south.
To Our Dead Comrades
Erected by J. A. Kellogg W.R.C. No. 70. 1905
John A. Kellogg Post No. 78
G. A. R.
F. E. Allen
J. B. Beemer
W. B. Brainard
C. Beadlestone . . . — — Map (db m78924) WM
By the 1920s, the once vast forests of Wisconsin had been reduced from more than 30 million acres to about 2 million through farm clearing and lumbering practices that left large cut-over areas. In 1927 the Wisconsin legislature passed the County . . . — — Map (db m33725) HM
Near County Highway K 0.6 miles east of Antigo Street (U.S. 45), on the left when traveling east.
This tolling bell originally hung on a dam near Prairie du Sac, WI. and was manned by "Cap" Dinsmore, (father of Lee Dinsmore) during World War II to warn against flooding or sabotage. It has been donated to our cemetery by Lee and Perk Dinsmore to . . . — — Map (db m39279) HM
On State Highway 55 north of State Highway 64, on the left when traveling north.
The Village of Langlade and Langlade County were named for Charles Michel de Langlade, who has been called the "Father of Wisconsin." Born at the trading post of Mackinac in 1729, de Langlade's character, military ability, and influence left a . . . — — Map (db m36825) HM
On State Highway 55 3.7 miles north of State Highway 52 W, on the left when traveling north.
In March 1863 Abraham Lincoln signed an Act of Congress which enabled the states of Michigan and Wisconsin to begin construction of a road between Fort Howard at Green Bay and Fort Wilkins near Copper Harbor. It took one year to build the . . . — — Map (db m36896) HM