White Springs in Hamilton County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1961 by Florida Board of Parks and Historic Memorials. (Marker Number F-24.)
Location. 30° 19.786′ N, 82° 45.37′ W. Marker is in White Springs, Florida, in Hamilton County. Marker is on U.S. 41 (Local Road 25) just east of Wesson Street, on the right when traveling east. Just north of the watertower. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: White Springs FL 32096, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wars and Conflicts in White Springs (here, next to this marker); Florida’s Original Tourist Destination (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Residents of White Springs White Sulphur Springs (approx. ¼ mile away); Falling Creek Methodist Church and Cemetery (approx. 7 miles away); A Bargaining Chip (approx. 7.2 miles away); Falling Creek Falls (approx. 7.2 miles away); Drenched for Days (approx. 10.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Springs.
More about this marker. Interpretive display and McCallum House (c. 1925) nearby.
Regarding White Springs. The spring itself is about 1500' to the west of the sign, in an enclosure.
Categories. • African Americans • Antebellum South, US • Native Americans • Natural Features • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil • Waterways & Vessels •
More. Search the internet for White Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 5, 2017. This page originally submitted on November 19, 2008, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. This page has been viewed 2,042 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 19, 2008, by Julie Szabo of Oldsmar, Florida. 6, 7. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.