Towson in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Joppa Road
Erected 1934 by State Roads Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Military • Native Americans • Political Subdivisions • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1695.
Location. 39° 23.791′ N, 76° 34.739′ W. Marker is in Towson, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is at the intersection of Joppa Road and Edgeclift Road, in the median on Joppa Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Towson MD 21204, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Knettishall (approx. ¾ mile away); Freedom, and a Cabin (approx. one mile away); Carver (Colored) High School (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Jacob House (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Fern Karesh Hurst '68 Terrace Historic East Towson (approx. 1.1 miles away); Epsom Chapel (approx. 1.2 miles away); War of 1812 Cannon (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Towson.
Also see . . . Oldton’s Company of Baltimore Rangers. This is the site of some reenactors that portray the rangers that patrolled, widened and marked the indian trails that would become Joppa Road. (Submitted on October 10, 2007, by John Machate of Columbia, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 24, 2023. It was originally submitted on September 4, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 3,317 times since then and 417 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 4, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.