On East Market Street at South Locust Street, on the left when traveling east on East Market Street.
Built in 1912 by L & N soon after original frame depot burned. The Lexington and Maysville Railroad was completed to Carlisle by 1871; railroad joined L & N system, 1891. Land donated for depot by thirteen citizens and businesses in 1882. Depot . . . — — Map (db m136708) HM
On Maysville Road (U.S. 68) 0.5 miles south of Old Paris Road (State Route 32), on the left when traveling south.
Daniel Boone's last home in Ky. In spring of 1795, Daniel Boone and his wife returned from Va. and built log cabin. Restored cabin. ← Boone and family lived here until they moved to Louisiana Territory (Missouri), 1799. Boone fought in last . . . — — Map (db m136919) HM
George Nicholas, 1743-99, born in Virginia. Colonel, Revolutionary War. Zealous advocate of Virginia adoption of Federal Constitution, 1788. He came to Kentucky, 1790. "Brightest luminary" in Kentucky's first constitutional convention. First . . . — — Map (db m137219) HM
On East Main Street (Kentucky Route 36) at North Locust Street, on the right when traveling west on East Main Street.
Dr. Charles W. Mathers
This Nicholas Co. native served as county judge; state representative, 1888 and 1890; and state senator, 1908. He was a medical doctor, extensive landowner, agriculturist, pres. of Farmers Bank of . . . — — Map (db m137216) HM
On Maysville Road (U.S. 68) 0.1 miles south of Old Paris Road (State Route 32), on the right when traveling south.
Built in 1820 by Thomas Metcalfe, born Va. 1780, died 1855, buried here. Capt., War of 1812; member Congress 1819-28; Governor 1828-32; Ky. Senate 1834-38; U.S. Senate 1848-49, completing Crittenden's term. "Old Stone Hammer" laid the foundation, . . . — — Map (db m136918) HM
On East Main Street west of Dorsey Avenue, on the right when traveling east.
Organized 1793, 2½ miles south. Site of Presbyterian Church and school made famous by its pioneer pastors: John Rankin, Barton W. Stone, Sam'l Shannon, John Rogers, John P. Campbell, Samuel Rannels, Robert Marshall, Robert Finley, James Welsh. . . . — — Map (db m137228) HM
On Moorefield Road (Kentucky Route 36) at Upper Lick Road (Kentucky Route 57), on the right when traveling north on Moorefield Road.
Aug. 12, 1782, Capt. John Holder and 17 militiamen overtook band of Wyandots on Great Salt Creek (Licking River) six miles N.E. The Indians had captured two boys, Jones Hoy and Jack Calloway, near Boonesborough. In skirmish that took place Holder . . . — — Map (db m137214) HM