On North Union Street at Jefferson Street, on the right when traveling north on North Union Street.
Designed by noted Philadelphia architect Edwin Forrest Durand, the church was built in 1865 by Cornelius Arnett. An 1895 renovation added the rounded arch entrance as well as second level stained glass windows. The church contributes to the . . . — — Map (db m47735) HM
On George Washington Road, on the left when traveling west.
Used during the Revolutionary War by both Gen. George Washington and British Gen. Charles Cornwallis to view opposing activity up & down the river. This local promontory has long since been known as Washington's Rock. — — Map (db m62383) HM
On York Street at North Union Street, on the right when traveling west on York Street.
Built in 1870 and occupied by the Holcombe family until 1922, the A.H. Holcombe House was purchased by the city of Lambertville in 1950 to serve as City Hall. It is one of the earliest and best examples of the French Second Empire style in . . . — — Map (db m63104) HM
The outlet lock at this location was built to allow canal boats to pass between the Delaware & Raritan Canal and Pennsylvania's Delaware Canal. Canal boats loaded with coal from the Lehigh Valley would come down the Lehigh Canal to Easton, . . . — — Map (db m100644) HM
Lewis Island Shad Fishery
Lambertville, N. J.
Richard Holcombe began this historical American shad fishery circa 1771. In 1888, William Lewis assumed the responsibility of the fishery and after his passing, his son, Fred . . . — — Map (db m133436) HM
On York Street at George Street, on the right when traveling west on York Street.
Park, formerly called York Street Park, was re-named for longtime Lambertville City Clerk (1948-1982) and Mayor (1983-1988). Park was established in 1900 when Civil War Monument, dedicated in 1870 was moved from Mount Hope Cemetery to this location. . . . — — Map (db m16858) HM
On Brunswick Road (County Route 518) 0.2 miles east of Hewitt Road, on the right when traveling east.
Washington's army left Valley Forge in 1777 and moved northeast. They crossed the Delaware at Coryell's Ferry (Lambertville), remained for two days, then marched along today's Rte.518 on their way to the Battle of Monmouth on June 28th. — — Map (db m49216) HM