These Corinthian column segments originally were part of those that graced the west and east entrance porticos of Oregon's first state house. The cornerstone for the original Capitol was laid October 8, 1873. The building was partially . . . — — Map (db m113717) HM
This reproduction of the Liberty Bell was presented to the people of Oregon by direction of The Honorable John W. Snyder Secretary of the Treasury
As the inspirational symbol of the United States Savings Bonds Independence . . . — — Map (db m128490) HM
Founded in 1840 by Methodist missionaries,
Became territorial capital in 1852,
An incorporated city in 1857,
Permanent capital of Oregon in 1864.
W. D. Pugh designed this city hall. Under construction in 1893.Marion County Centennial . . . — — Map (db m63966) HM
In 1922 Thomas Gregor Bligh bought this property from the Salem Elks Fraternal Organization. In 1924, a year after constructing this Mission Revival building, the owner died in an automobile accident. In 1927, is wife Anna sold the property to . . . — — Map (db m112989) HM
In 1867, Willamette University founded the first medical school in the Pacific Northwest – the third such college west of St. Louis.
This college was maintained in Salem from 1867 until 1913 except for the period 1878 to 1895 during which . . . — — Map (db m113737) HM