On Glynn Street South (Georgia Route 85) at East Lanier Avenue (Georgia Route 54), on the right when traveling north on Glynn Street South.
This County, created by Acts of the Legislature May 15 and December 24, 1821, is named for the Marquis de LaFayette, famous French General who came to this country to fight under General George Washington in the Revolutionary War. After returning to . . . — — Map (db m42534) HM
On Glynn Street S north of Stonewall Avenue W, on the right when traveling north.
Erected by the citizens of Fayette County in honor of our veterans who served in the Armed Forces of the United States of America and as a lasting memorial to these gallant servicemen who gave their lives that we may live in peace. World War . . . — — Map (db m114288) WM
On Glynn Street south of Stonewall Avenue W, on the right when traveling south.
To Honor Our VeteransThis area is dedicated to the brave men and women of Fayette County who, throughout time, left their homes and families to serve in the Armed Forces of the United States, in order that our freedom be preserved and our . . . — — Map (db m114369) WM
On Old Chapel Lane 0 miles east of West Lanier Avenue (Georgia Route 54), on the right when traveling east.
Today’s Flat Rock AME Church originated in 1854 as a place of worship for slaves on nearby Spears Plantation, and it is believed to be the oldest African-American congregation in Fayette County. Originally known as Rocky Mount, the church moved . . . — — Map (db m22973) HM
On Glynn Street (Georgia Route 85) at Fisher Avenue, on the left when traveling south on Glynn Street.
Hugh Manson Dorsey was born in Fayetteville, and was admitted to the Georgia bar at the Fayette County Courthouse in 1894. After practicing law at his father’s firm, Dorsey became solicitor general of the Atlanta Judicial Circuit in 1910. In this . . . — — Map (db m10074) HM
On West Lanier Avenue west of Glynn Street N, on the left when traveling west.
Dedicated To The Memory Of Grady L. Huddleston 1923-2001 Past Master: Fayetteville #711: 1958 Past Master: Tyrone #644: 1953 State House of Representatives: 1947-1960 Magistrate Judge: 1987-2000 — — Map (db m114296) HM
On Highway 92 (Georgia Route 92) at New Hope Road, on the right when traveling north on Highway 92.
Hopeful Primitive Baptist Church Est. 1825 The oldest church in Fayette County. The cemetery is the final resting place of veterans from the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, WWI & WWII. Placed by Thomas Wingfield Chapter National . . . — — Map (db m120067) HM
On Ebenezer Road 0.1 miles north of Davis Road, on the right when traveling south.
Just before dawn, July 30, 1864, during a daring cavalry raid to cut the last two railroads supplying Atlanta, Union Brig. Gen. Edward M. McCook ordered the 4th Kentucky Mounted Infantry to halt near the Asa Mitchell house at Shakerag. While two . . . — — Map (db m42332) HM
On Lanier Avenue (Georgia Route 54) just west of Glynn Street (Georgia Route 85), on the left when traveling west.
Built in 1855 by Doctor John Stiles Holliday this house has ties to important Georgia personalities such as the legendary “"Doc” Holliday, Georgia Governor Hugh Manson Dorsey, and famous author Margaret Mitchell. In the mid 1850’s the . . . — — Map (db m44344) HM
On Holly Grove Church Road 0.2 miles east of Robinson Road, on the right when traveling east.
This church was organized in 1897 near the banks of Camp Creek in an unincorporated area of western Fayette County. Until the first sanctuary was constructed here on land and with building materials donated by Flem Arnall, services were held under a . . . — — Map (db m22971) HM
On Georgia Route 85 at Georgia Route 74, on the right when traveling west on State Route 85.
The property that became Starr’s Mill was owned by Hananiah Gilcoat who built the first mill here before his death in 1825. This site, on Whitewater Creek, was less than a mile from the boundary between Creek Indian lands and the State of Georgia. . . . — — Map (db m10073) HM
On Senoia Road (Old Georgia Route 74) 0 miles north of Carriage Oaks Drive, on the right when traveling north.
This family cemetery was established October 24, 1845, when Barbara Jane, the infant of John and Barbara Morris Palmer, was buried here. John Palmer acquired the property - lot 116 in the 7th District of Fayette County, Georgia, in October, 1844. . . . — — Map (db m14563) HM