The highway crossing east and west at this intersection is the Old Federal Road, first vehicular way and earliest postal route west of the Chattahoochee. Beginning to the east on the Hall-Jackson county line, it linked Georgia and Tennessee across . . . — — Map (db m21287) HM
The town of Cumming (incorporated 1834) is named in honor of Col. William Cumming, distinguished Georgian, born July 27, 1788, son of Thomas Cumming and Ann Clay, daughter of Joseph Clay, of Savannah. William Cumming graduated from the College of . . . — — Map (db m33581) HM
In 1834, Moses Whitsett was the first person buried on the property which in 1840 became the cemetery for the Baptist Church and the Presbyterian Church. In 1856, the Presbyterian Church disbanded. When the Baptist Church relocated, the cemetery . . . — — Map (db m14382) HM
Cumming School, erected in 1923 by J. W. Fleming and Jim Hughes to house students in grades 1 through 11, burned in 1927. The same contractors rebuilt the structure.
The school served all grades until 1955, when high school students . . . — — Map (db m55980) HM
Forsyth County was created by Act of Dec. 3, 1832 from Cherokee County. It was named for Gov. John Forsyth (1780-1841), a native of Frederick Co., Va., a graduate of Princeton, and gifted Georgia lawyer. He was Attorney-General of Ga., Congressman, . . . — — Map (db m33575) HM
The Fowler family property is an early 20th century farm comprised of the main house, a renter house and various agricultural outbuildings associated with cotton and, later, chicken production. The farm serves as a reminder of Forsyth County's rural . . . — — Map (db m55559) HM
Cherokee Chief George Welch constructed a grist mill here on his extensive homeplace c. 1820. An uncovered bridge was later added. With the 1838 removal of the Cherokees, the land was sold to Jacob Scudder. Dr. M. L. Pool purchased it from Scudder´s . . . — — Map (db m14944) HM