On 4th Street north of Washington Avenue, on the right when traveling north.
The present structure of the First Baptist Church was completed in 1907 and was built around an earlier and smaller church. The stucco exterior was added in the 1940's. After the exterior of the present building was completed, the older structure . . . — — Map (db m131532) HM
On Washington Avenue at 2nd Street, on the left when traveling east on Washington Avenue.
"Nicodemus was growing into a busy little town. New houses were being built by people coming in. Different enterprises began to originate. Conditions began to improve."— Nettie Craig Teacher 1886
Main Street Nicodemus grew out of hard . . . — — Map (db m131531) HM
In July, 1877 Negro “exodusters” from Kentucky established a settlement here in the Promised Land of Kansas which they named Nicodemus. Although the colonists lacked sufficient tools, seed and money they managed to survive the first . . . — — Map (db m5508) HM
On U.S. 24 east of 3rd Street, on the right when traveling east.
Cuisine Good Food, Great TraditionGood food and small cafes have long been a tradition in Nicodemus, although most businesses are now gone. Ernestine’s Bar-B-Q is the last restaurant in town. The legendary Ernestine VanDuvall’s . . . — — Map (db m131525) HM
On Washington Avenue east of Adams Avenue, on the right when traveling east.
1886 First TeamNicodemus' first baseball team was organized in 1886. The Manager was Joe Patterson. Members: F. Turner, Ed Patterson, George Duncan, A.G. Van Duvall, Sanford G. Craig, Silas Hays, Alvin Miller, H.S. Henrie, . . . — — Map (db m131533) HM
On Washington Avenue east of 3rd Street, on the right when traveling east.
Zach T. Fletcher's hotel was built in 1881 and is the two-story stuccoed portion to the right. It originally featured a cut limestone appearance with a one story stone kitchen addition on the east. It also served as the site of the first post office . . . — — Map (db m131530) HM