On South Grand Avenue (State Road 121) south of South Eastern Avenue, on the right when traveling south.
Erected 1831 by Oliver H. Smith. Later home of Caleb B. Smith, Secretary of Interior under Lincoln and Grand Master of Indiana Masons. Restored 1941 as home for local Masonic bodies. — — Map (db m44768) HM
On East 4th Street east of North Central Avenue, on the right when traveling east.
1841 Built as Headquarters of
the Whitewater Valley Canal Co.
1854 Savings Bank of Indiana
Dr. S. W. Vance 1857-1936
Congressman and Mrs. Finly H. Gray 1936-1947
1947 - 1971 V. F. W. Post 571 . . . — — Map (db m44760) HM
On North Central Avenue north of West 4th Street, on the left when traveling north.
(( Center Panel ))
all who served
in the United States
Liberty and Justice
in All the World
Veterans and Citizens
of Fayette County
1986 . . . — — Map (db m44876) WM
On South Grand Avenue (State Road 121) at South Eastern Avenue, on the left when traveling south on South Grand Avenue.
In 1836 construction began on this fifty-six lock, one hundred one mile canal. Opened from Lawrenceburg to Brookville (1839), it was extended to Laurel and Cincinnati (1843), Connersville (1845), Cambridge City (1846), and Hagerstown (1847). — — Map (db m44741) HM
On State Road 44 at South Gabbard Road, on the right when traveling east on State Road 44.
This plaque marks the western border of the twelve mile cession negotiated by Governor William Henry Harrison with the Miami, Potawatomi, and Delawares, Treaty of Fort Wayne, September 30, 1809. — — Map (db m44770) HM