Stylistically identical to the Nicholas Building to the west is the smaller complex at 208-210 25th Street. Built in 1908 the simple design features the same brick and transom detailing as the adjoining structure. The building was recently restored . . . — — Map (db m81040) HM
Built in 1901, this unaltered two-story brick building housed the Joseph Rogerson Restaurant and the J.E. Davenport and Co. Saloon. It was one of scores of buildings built to accommodate the crowds of travelers brought to Ogden by the Railroad. . . . — — Map (db m81048) HM
During World War I and II army troops were transported around France in trains. Troops were frequently loaded into boxcars which were boldly stenciled with their carrying capacity: “Hommes 40-Cheveaux 8” (40 men or 8 horses).
The . . . — — Map (db m81036) HM
This building was constructed circa. 1891. The property came into possession of the James O. Stephens family in 1870 and was deeded to Solomon C. and Willian J. Stephens in 1880. In 1894 the building was bought by the Eccles Lumber Company. Later . . . — — Map (db m81138) HM
This building was constructed circa. 1893. The owners during this time period included Patrick H. Gallagher and William C. Warren, a loan officier and former real estate agent. The building replaced an earlier adobe and frame structure that was . . . — — Map (db m81041) HM
Home constructed of sandstone blocks and red bricks. Completed in 1900. Built for John Moses Browning --- world famous gun maker. Architect Sam Whittaker. Purchased by Y.W.C.A. of Ogden in 1949 — — Map (db m48981) HM
This building was constructed circa. 1890. The Eccles Lumber Company owned the property from 1892 until 1908, when they sold it to William H. Gampton. The Gampton family owned the property until 1924. Other owners included Reuben Kaplan, James C. . . . — — Map (db m81156) HM
Of the many interesting commercial buildings on Lower 25th Street, this two-story structure known only by its faded inscription plaque, “London Ice Cream” may be the oldest and certainly one of the most architecturally significant . . . — — Map (db m81046) HM
Built in 1908, 170-174 25th Street is a commercial vernacular structure constructed of brick. the vernacular storefront was divided into three bays for various uses. The three storefronts originally housed the Major Drug Company, (1908-1919), . . . — — Map (db m81038) HM
Built in 1908, this three-story structure is commercial Victorian architectural style. Its facade remains intact with a corbeled cornice and rusticated stone pilasters. The original stone inscription, “Gomer A. Nicholas,” as the leaded . . . — — Map (db m81039) HM
In 1854 Ogden pioneers built a rock and mud wall a mile square along 28th Street, Wall Avenue and 21st Street. Madison Avenue was not completed because the Indians became peaceful. The eight foot wall had a six foot base, a 31 inch top and four . . . — — Map (db m81035) HM
Original building, completed in 1889, destroyed by fire in 1923.
Present building constructed 1924 on the original foundation.
Architects: John & Donald Parkinson of Los Angeles
Marker placed 1973. — — Map (db m81034) HM
This building was constructed at the beginning of the 1900s as a three story structure with commercial space on the first floor and boarding rooms on the second and third floors. The owner at the time of construction (circa. 1901) appears to have . . . — — Map (db m81133) HM
This building was constructed circa. 1888 by James O. Stephens and was one of several buildings constructed during this time period by members of the Stephens family on the north side of the 200 block of 25th Street (e.g. 260, 274 and 278). The . . . — — Map (db m81134) HM
This building was constructed circa. 1888 by Solomon C. Stephens. The family owned land and constructed several commercial buildings on the north side of the 200 Block of 25th Street. Stephens owned the property until 1895 when it was sold to the . . . — — Map (db m81051) HM
One of the oldest and least disturbed buildings in the 25th Street Historic District is this two-story brick vernacular store built in 1888. The simply corbeled cornice and segmentally arched window bays with stone keys are the only attempts at . . . — — Map (db m81050) HM
This building was constructed circa. 1915. The site was the original location of the ZCMI Granary, which was built on the lot before 1884. The eastern wall of the building was constructed in 1890 as a common wall with the building which stood where . . . — — Map (db m81158) HM
The two-story, commercial vernacular structure at 215-17 - 25th Street was built in approximately 1895. It housed the Frank R. Watkins Grocery, Mrs. Vina Creamer’s Rooms, the Nevada Rooms, and in 1951 the Seven-Up Bottling Company.
The . . . — — Map (db m81160) HM
Official outlet of ZCMI (Zion’s Co-operative
Mercantile Institution) (illegible) “America’s First
Department Store.” This wall is all that
remains of the building at this site which was
a whole . . . — — Map (db m81157) HM
Outstanding pioneer, Harrisville's first permanent settler, first school teacher, first presiding Elder, nephew of Martin Harris, Book of Mormon witness. Missionary to Salmon River and Eastern States. County Road Commissioner, surveyed road through . . . — — Map (db m57855) HM