During World War II 3,396 acres were purchased for the largest naval installation in the U.S. Three navy bases sat adjacent to each other in an area known as Fleet City. Camp Parks located along Dougherty Road, The U.S. Naval Hospital among . . . — — Map (db m94022) HM
For 86 years a favorite congregating spot. Built by John Green in 1860, with a balcony over the porch and a gabled roof. A famous cross-roads stop and transfer point on the Oakland-Stockton and Martinez-San Jose stagecoach routes intil the 1890's . . . — — Map (db m59944) HM
Margaret Tehan Dobbel, the granddaughter of Jeremiah and Ellen Fallon. She was born in Jeremiah Fallonís home, Dublin, 1874. She married Julius Dobbel and had 13 children. They raised cattle and sheep at Rice, Camel, Dougherty and Donlon Ranches. — — Map (db m26822) HM
Jose Maria Amador, born 1794 at San Francisco Presidio, spent his early years in the Mexican Army, as soldier, explorer, Indian fighter, and was later administrator at Mission San Jose.
Amador was paid for his service with land, a grant . . . — — Map (db m69727) HM
John & Katherine Donlon Flanagan from Longford, Ireland came to Dublin in 1868. In 1896 John was blinded, but continued to raise sheep and farm with the help of his wife and 3 girls, Eva, Katherine (Murphy), and Elizabeth (Nevin), who was a teacher . . . — — Map (db m26785) HM
This seven acre park is on the site of Dublin's original settlement that was established in 1850. Within the park are the 1856 Murray Schoolhouse, the 1859 St. Raymond Church, the 1880 Kolb Old House, the 1911 Kolb Craftsman Bungalow, the 1870 . . . — — Map (db m59946) HM
Commander John "Jack" Clement Mape USN, was Dublin's first casualty of the Vietnam War. A 40-year old father of seven, Mape lived in Dublin and was stationed in Alameda, CA. He was assigned to Squadron VA-52 of the USS Ticonderoga in September, . . . — — Map (db m69725) HM WM
In 1852 Irish immigrants Michael Murray and Jeremiah Fallon purchased 1000 acres of land from Don Jose Maria Amador, and on this site Murray erected his modest home in 1857. Murray sold his house to John Green, proprietor of the Green Store, whose . . . — — Map (db m94035) HM
It took 6 months for Leo and Mary Jane Norris to come to California by covered wagon. In 1852 Leo purchased 10,000 acres from Don Jose Maria Amador for $20,000 and one white horse. Their lands include most of present day San Ramon Valley. Later, the . . . — — Map (db m27669) HM
The Oldest Extant Catholic Church Building
In Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
This land was donated as a Catholic site by Michael
Murray and Jeremiah Fallon, who was one of the
rescuers of the ill fated Donner Party in the Sierra.
Tom . . . — — Map (db m26701) HM
Son of Jeremiah and Ellen Fallon. Regarded with great respect by people of the area for his honesty and integrity. Renowned for his fine horsemanship and proficiency with the riata (rawhide rope), which sometimes was up to 70 feet in length. He . . . — — Map (db m26722) HM
Built at the crossroads in 1862 by James Witt Dougherty where it served travelers going by stagecoach from Oakland to Stockton and from San Jose to Martinez and Sacramento. This area was named Dougherty Station from 1862 until 1878, and the hotel . . . — — Map (db m69726) HM
William born in Kilkenny, Ireland, 1845. Ellen Fallon Tehan, daughter of Ellen and Jeremiah Fallon, was a year old when she came west by covered wagon from St. Joseph, Mo., in 1846. William and Ellenís marriage was the first in Old St. Raymondís Jan . . . — — Map (db m28612) HM
Built in 1860 by John Green this building has been in constant use as a business building. It began as a general store, changed into a neighborhood pub, and now is a restaurant.
From 1914 – 1948 the northeast corner of the building was . . . — — Map (db m28578) HM