4 entries match your criteria.
Historical Markers and War Memorials in Stephenville
By QuesterMark, July 2, 2014
Hannibal Cemetery and Daniel Roberts and Mary Anna (Garland) Thornton Marker
|D. R. Thornton from Mississippi married Mary Anna, daughter of frontier fighter Peter Garland in Anderson County, Texas, in 1853. The Thorntons settled here in 1857 as cattleraisers, and helped make this frontier safe for less hardy citizens. Mrs. . . . — — Map (db m83867) HM|
|The Erath Arches were constructed in honor of soldier, surveyor, and legislator George B. Erath (1813-1891), for whom Erath County was named in 1856. The monument was one of many built around the state to celebrate the 1936 centennial of Texas . . . — — Map (db m117455) HM|
|Protector of the Texas frontier. Hero of San Jacinto. Major in the Confederate Army. Member of the Texas Congress and Legislature. Born in Vienna, Austria January 1, 1813. Died at Waco, Texas May 15, 1891. Erath County was named in his honor. . . . — — Map (db m117456) HM|
|Founders of Oak Dale community began arriving in 1867. They included: John R. Pickard; George Lidia, who became Pickard's son-in-law; the Rev. James M. Johnson, a Methodist minister; and William Jasper Mefferd. These men and their families, . . . — — Map (db m83874) HM|