Built in 1936 by Richfield Oil Corporation. Rare surviving example of a
streamline moderne gas station, significant for its association with
the development of Southern California car culture. — — Map (db m140830) HM
The doctors house, a Glendale landmark, is named for the three prominent physicians Dr. G.V. Bogue, Dr. D.W. Hunt, and Dr. A.L. Bryant, and for DR. L.H. Hurtt chemist who made it their home. One of the few remaining residences of Queen Anne Eastlake . . . — — Map (db m55764) HM
The General Andres Pico Oak Tree once stood in Rancho San Rafael in an area that later became part of the City of Glendale. This tree played a significant role in the history of California. On January 11, 1847, representatives of Los Estados Unidos . . . — — Map (db m128302) HM
Grand Central Air Terminal is an intact example of an early airport
passenger terminal and serves as a physical record of pivotal events that helped shape the development of air travel and the aviation industry in Southern California.
The air . . . — — Map (db m137664) HM
In Memory of more than 200,000 Asian and Dutch women who were removed from their homes in Korea, China, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, East Timor, and Indonesia, to be coerced into sexual slavery by the Imperial Armed . . . — — Map (db m138945) HM WM
Miss American Green Cross was originally dedicated on May 4, 1928 to represent the American Green Cross Society. The early environmental organization was dedicated to the "saving of American's greatest asset-trees". The first chapter of the Society . . . — — Map (db m56198) HM
Originally known as the Victory Boulevard bridge, the Riverside Drive bridge was constructed in 1938 to improve a bottleneck caused by an earlier wooden bridge. It was partially funded by President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Works Progress . . . — — Map (db m129133) HM
San Rafael Rancho, first granted to José Maria Verdugo, Oct. 20, 1784.
Catalina Adobe built about 1828.
And, General Andres Pico oak tree camp site, before he surrendered to General John C. Fremont, 1847. — — Map (db m128201) HM WM