This is the terminus of the Los Angeles-Owens River Aqueduct, which brings water 338 miles from the eastern slopes of the Sierra Nevada to the City of Los Angeles. Begun in 1905, the great aqueduct was completed November 5, 1913. The Mono Craters . . . — — Map (db m20089) HM
[This site was designated as California Registered Historic Landmark No. 1006 on May 11, 1992.
There are three rock and concrete bases which at one time displayed four different plaques. The plaques are now missing. The following plaque was . . . — — Map (db m137425) HM
This tablet presented February 9, 1979, to the Veterans Memorial Park, in loving memory of the many veterans, nurses, and aides of the San Fernando Valley Veterans Hospital, whose lives were lost during the earthquake of February 9, 1971. — — Map (db m134140) HM
This park and memorial stand as a tribute to the young men who lost their lives on the Loop Fire, to those who survived, and to firefighters everywhere.
Forever Honored - Those Who Lost Their Lives
Raymond Chee - Age 23
• James . . . — — Map (db m79155) HM
Marge Feinberg’s 1974 Master’s Thesis envisioning a wilderness trail encircling the San Fernando, La Crescenta and Simi Valleys and adjacent mountain ranges led to a California law establishing the Rim of the Valley Trail Corridor in the Santa . . . — — Map (db m139166) HM
On November 14, 2008, the Sayre (or Sylmar) Fire, a wind-driven fire, quickly moved through the hillside brush into residential areas above the 210 freeway and west of the 5 freeway. The fire was contained on November 20, 2008 after burning 11,262 . . . — — Map (db m128526) HM
On November 5, 1913, 40,000 people gathered here to witness the dedication of the Los Angeles - Owens River Aqueduct. The terminus of a 233-mile long engineering marvel, the Cascades were the site of William Mulholland‘s famous speech: “There . . . — — Map (db m137887) HM
Originally part of the San Fernando Mission lands, this ranch was purchased by David Wark Griffith, revered pioneer of silent motion pictures, in 1912. It provided the locale for many western thrillers, including "Custer's Last Stand", and was the . . . — — Map (db m122861) HM
This Cemetery, earlier known as Morningside Cemetery, is the oldest non-sectarian cemetery in San Fernando Valley. It was used from the early 1800's until 1939. It was legally abandoned in 1959. In this same year Mrs. Nellis S. Noble donated the . . . — — Map (db m54544) HM