On West Third Street at Broadway Avenue (U.S. 81), on the right when traveling east on West Third Street.
The Yankton County Courthouse stood at this site from 1905 to 2003. The handsome three-story building was dedicated Nov. 1, 1905. Speakers at that event estimated it would have "a long life of 25 years." The building far exceeded those expectations . . . — — Map (db m742) HM
On West Second Street at Riverside Drive, on the left when traveling west on West Second Street.
West of this stone near the crest of the hill is the burial site of Pierre Dorion, Sr., an early trader in what is now South Dakota. Born in Canada in 1740, Pierre came to this area around 1774–1775 to trade with the Sioux. He married Holy . . . — — Map (db m34829) HM