The Agricultural Heritage Plaques located throughout Historic Downtown Campbell were installed in 1992 as part of the Downtown Streetscape Project. The fruits and blossoms commemorating Campbell’s agricultural heritage were selected as most . . . — — Map (db m24742) HM
This Property Has Been
Placed on the
By the United States
Department of the Interior
John Colpitts Ainsley, an Englishman, immigrated to California in 1886 and made his fortune in the canning of . . . — — Map (db m24136) HM
This Italian Renaissance-style building was constructed in 1911 to house the expanding business of the Bank of Campbell. The Bank of Campbell merged with the American Trust Company and remained here until 1938.
This building has since been home . . . — — Map (db m101519) HM
The Campbell Volunteer Fire Department officially began in 1912. Keeping track of ladders was a problem and the need for a fire station became apparent. An ad placed in the newspaper urged "all parties to leave ladders belonging to fire dept. in . . . — — Map (db m24251) HM
The Campbell Country Woman's Club raised the funds to build this Spanish Colonial Revival-style structure in 1923. The town library and public meeting rooms were housed here until the 1960's .
The Woman's Club founded the Campbell Historical . . . — — Map (db m101521) HM
These Spanish Colonia Revival-style commercial unites were constructed in 1947 and originally called the Friendly Shopping Center. The two-story building as the back was once a farm house, circa 1913-1915, and originally stood up front on Campbell . . . — — Map (db m101520) HM
This Renaissance Revival-style building, built in 1895, is the oldest structure in Campbell. By 1895, Ainsley Cannery and the Fruit Grower's Union employed hundreds of workers. The thriving town needed a local bank. The first Bank of Campbell was . . . — — Map (db m101518) HM
Incorporated March 29, 1876, and financed by Comstock Lode money. Its northern terminus was San Francisco Ferry Building. Passengers were transported by ferry to Alameda where they boarded the cars for their 77.6 mile rail ride to Santa Cruz. In . . . — — Map (db m24171) HM
California used to be part of Spain and then Mexico. Vast ranchos were granted to worthy citizens. In 1840 Mexican Governor Juan Alvarado granted Rancho Rinconada de los Gatos (corner of the cougars) to brothers-in-law Sebastian Fabian Peralta and . . . — — Map (db m130197) HM