On North Walnut Street (State Highway 25) north of East Church Street, on the right when traveling north.
In 1867 a New York architect sent the plans for a new church in Belle Plaine to Bishop Whipple. The church was built in 1868 on land contributed by Territorial Judge Andrew G. Chatfield, founder of Belle Plaine. The congregation organized in 1858 . . . — — Map (db m65868) HM
On South Varner Street at 1st Street East on South Varner Street.
This site donated by Clement A. Nachbar, Mankato, Minn. Honoring the memory of his parents Mathias Nachbar & Wilhelmina Mertens Nachbar, who with their pioneer parents settled in Jordan vicinity, Minnesota Territory, in 1855. Dedicated to the early . . . — — Map (db m68767) HM
Near Interstate 35 at milepost 75, 1.6 miles south of East 260th Street, on the right when traveling south.
When the first explorers came to what became Minnesota, they found a land with three very different personalities. To the north were the great forests of white pine and other conifers that later attracted armies of lumberjacks and made Minnesota a . . . — — Map (db m15380) HM
On Xenwood Avenue at South Frontage Road, on the left when traveling south on Xenwood Avenue.
During World War II, some 5,000-6,000 Japanese American soldiers, members of the U.S. Army's Military Intelligence Service, were given intensive and accelerated classes in the Japanese language at Camp Savage.
Their subsequent work translating . . . — — Map (db m41673) HM
On County Route 101 0.2 miles east of County Route 17, on the right when traveling east.
These foundations mark the site of a two-story frame building erected by the Reverend Samuel W. Pond in 1847. It served as a Presbyterian mission to the Shakopee Sioux, and as Pond's home until his death in 1891. An eight-foot stockade enclosed the . . . — — Map (db m19789) HM
This monument is dedicated to those from Shakopee who died while in military service of our country.
[emblems of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Ladies Auxiliary V.F.W., American Legion Auxiliary]
W. . . . — — Map (db m49792) HM