Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Orange County New York Historical Markers

419 markers matched your search criteria. The first 200 markers are listed. Next 219
 
Amity Church Marker with Church visible to right. image, Touch for more information
By Clifton Patrick, March 22, 2015
Amity Church Marker with Church visible to right.
New York (Orange County), Amity — Amity Church
Established 1796. Old Loc. Church built 1800. Current structure 1868, bell tower casualty of storm 1920’s. 1868 1000-lb. bell in use. — Map (db m81837) HM
New York (Orange County), Blooming Grove — Brewster’s Tavern
Site of government seat and town social center often visited by George Washington 1765-1799 — Map (db m23323) HM
New York (Orange County), Blooming Grove — Pine Hill Farm
Hector St. John De Crevecoeur, 1735-1813. Settled here 1769 and here wrote "Letters From an American Farmer" (London 1782) — Map (db m22065) HM
New York (Orange County), Blooming Grove — Presbyterian Congregation of Blooming Grove
1758 Land Deeded to Presbyterian Congregation of Blooming Grove. The original building was torn down in 1823. Materials sold and the present church built. — Map (db m23438) HM
New York (Orange County), Blooming Grove — Sears-Howell Farm
Established c. 1791. Bred nationally known award winning Ayshire cattle. 1st (1880) to bottle on farm for N.Y.C. milk trade. — Map (db m23337) HM
New York (Orange County), Campbell Hall — Butter Factory
First in U.S.-1856 ← 200 feet R. W. Woodhull, Owner George Gouge, Buttermaker — Map (db m34772) HM
New York (Orange County), Campbell Hall — Sarah Wells
1st white woman to settle in Goshen Township, 1714, made her first log home here. Later, she married William Bull, Stonemason — Map (db m43046) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — 1915 Chester Depot
1841: First Erie RR Station Fresh milk first shipped to NYC 1842 by Agent Thaddeus Selleck. Last train Apr ‘83 Opened 1999: History Museum — Map (db m60053) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Artillery Encampment 1779
Wagonmasters with gear for 9 Regts always ready to go. North Carolina Regiment here August 5. — Map (db m34327) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Chester, New York
When the first train entered Chester, New York on September 23, 1841, few realized exactly what kind of an impact the railroad would have on the town. Before the New York & Erie Railroad (later reorganized as the Erie Railroad) entered town, Chester . . . — Map (db m60383) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Furybrook Farm
Placed on the National Register of Historic Places for its part in the settlement and history of the Town of Chester, New York Settled 1731 by Roe family. — Map (db m24692) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Goose Pond Mountain AreaThis project was designed and constructed by the New York State Department Transportation
History: The wetland constructed at this site was built by the New York State Department of Transportation Cooperation with Palisades Interstate Park Commission -- Office Of Parks and Recreation and Historic Preservation, New York State Department . . . — Map (db m28879) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Greycourt - Orange Co., N.Y.
The origins of a railroad in this area date back to 1836, when the Hudson & Delaware Railroad was chartered to build a rail line from Newburgh, New York to Chesterville, New York (now known as Greycourt) with the intention of extending the line to . . . — Map (db m60266) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Pet Cemetery
Buried near here is King the Palisades performing lion & girl friend of chimp F J Muggs, plus 250 gravesites of beloved pets — Map (db m34497) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Salem Village of Chester
One of the seven villages established 3-22-1845. Only an M.E. Church and a schoolhouse. No trade here, only farming. — Map (db m22433) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Site of Cromline House
Built by Daniel Cromline, 1716, named Greycourt Inn. Before 1765 was main house between New Windsor and New Jersey — Map (db m43261) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Welcome to Chester
Home of Neufchaltel Cheese Birthplace of Hambletonian progenitor of trotters — Map (db m28875) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Welcome to Chester
Home of Neufchaltel Cheese Birthplace of Hambletonian progeditor of trotters — Map (db m29451) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Welcome to Chester
Home of Neufchaltel Cheese Birthplace of Hambletonian progeditor of trotters — Map (db m29453) HM
New York (Orange County), Chester — Yelverton Inn1765 - 1927
Built in 1765 Used as a Tavern for 67 years and occupied by six generations of the Yelverton family. Among distinguished guests entertained were George Washington Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr — Map (db m71175) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Anna B. Warner Memorial Garden
Constitution Island was the home of Susan and Anna Warner from 1836 – 1915. It was presented to the United States Military Academy by Miss Anna Warner and Mrs. Russell Sage. Marker erected in 1968 by the Constitution Island Association Gift . . . — Map (db m58775) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Fort Constitution Area
Fort Constitution, which would have enclosed this area, was intended to be the major fortification for the defense of the Hudson River. In January 1776, after three months of construction, work on the fort was halted, for the fort was considered to . . . — Map (db m58763) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Fortress West Point
Elevations in Feet — Map (db m47500) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Gravel Hill Battery
With its excellent field of fire, Gravel Hill Battery was the island’s key fortification against British ships. Constructed in the spring of 1776, after Fort Constitution’s inability to command the Hudson had become evident, it was destroyed during . . . — Map (db m47502) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Hill Cliff Battery
The Revolutionary Army fortified this hill in 1776 to provide more firepower down river and to maintain communication between Gravel Hill Battery to the east and the Fort Constitution area to the west. Hill Cliff Battery mounted from three to five . . . — Map (db m58772) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Marine Battery
Built in early 1776, Marine Battery was destroyed in October 1777. The following year the battery was partially reconstructed on the surviving rampart to protect the Great Chain, which was probably anchored in the cove below. This 10 foot thick . . . — Map (db m58765) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Redoubt 5
During the period when Constitution Island supplemented the major West Point fortifications, the Continental Army sought to protect the Great Chain and river batteries from land attack. Placed on the highest ground of the then treeless island, . . . — Map (db m58774) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Redoubt 6
Built in 1779, Redoubt 6 demonstrates the Army’s concern for fortifying the high ground. Necessary for its defense were approximately 115 infantrymen; no cannon were listed for this redoubt. The integrated West Point fortification system provided . . . — Map (db m59889) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Redoubt 7
Built in 1778 on the island’s highest ground, Redoubt 7 blocked the western land approach to the Great Chain’s anchor on Constitution Island. In constructing the redoubt’s stone rampart, the Army used a large granite outcropping as part of the . . . — Map (db m58771) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Revolutionary War Constitution Island
The defense of the Hudson River against British ships was an important task of the Revolutionary Army. The river’s sharp bend and strong currents at this point made Constitution Island well located for this purpose. Construction on Fort . . . — Map (db m47501) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Romans’ Battery
Intended as the west curtain of the never-completed Fort Constitution, “the . . . battery is a straight line constructed by Mr. Romans, at very great expense; it has fifteen embrasures, which face the river at a right angle, and can only . . . — Map (db m58768) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — Soldiers’ Huts
In winter, when barracks were unavailable, soldiers were generally quartered in huts. Several hut sites remain on Constitution Island. In some the fireplace ruins are in line, while at others no pattern exists. Regiments normally built huts to . . . — Map (db m58769) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — The Great Chain
was anchored near this point. 1778 – 1783 — Map (db m47499) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — The Great Chain
Background The Americans and British both knew that passage on the Hudson River was strategically important. The Americans planned to block ship passage on the river and attack enemy ships with cannons and mortar located at defensive forts, and . . . — Map (db m89095) HM
New York (Orange County), Constitution Island — The Warner House
Constitution Island was purchased by Henry Whiting Warner, an attorney from New York City, who became interested in the island while visiting his brother, Thomas, who served as the Chaplain at West Point from 1823 until 1838. A thick stone . . . — Map (db m89119) HM
New York (Orange County), Cornwall — Moodna Viaduct
Built 1906-1908 by Erie & Jersey R.R. Line. Opened, Jan. 1909. Steel 3200’ long; 193’ at highest. Design offers little wind resistance. — Map (db m24272) HM
New York (Orange County), Deer Park — Hawk’s Nest
1859 – One lane dirt road 1931-1933   Road was paved 1939 – Official dedication Sept. 21, 2002 – Dedication Upper Delaware Scenic Byway — Map (db m20553) HM
New York (Orange County), Deerpark — D & H Canal
Crossed the Mongaup River here in a wooden aqueduct carried bulk of N.Y. City’s coal via Kingston until after the Civil War. — Map (db m20560) HM
New York (Orange County), Deerpark — D. and H. Canal
A sluice from the Mongaup River crossed here to fill canal. Remains of stonework may be seen above bridge. — Map (db m20561) HM
New York (Orange County), Deerpark — Orange County
One of original counties of Province of New York, established 1683, by Gov. Thomas Dongan, named for William, Prince of Orange. — Map (db m81839) HM
New York (Orange County), Deerpark — Tannery
Sparrowbush Tannery Built in 1850 by Maurice M. Schultz. Burned and rebuilt in 1867. Closed in 1932. — Map (db m20558) HM
New York (Orange County), Edenville — Edenville
Settled early 1700’s by the Post family. Named for the idyllic slopes of Mts. Adam & Eve. Known tor its unique minerals. — Map (db m81833) HM
New York (Orange County), Flordia — Randallville
Site of a grist, fulling, saw mill & school Ca. 1750-1900. Pianos, furniture, gunstocks, lathe turning, metal work, etc. were crafted here. — Map (db m24494) HM
New York (Orange County), Florida — Florida
Settled early 1700’s and originally called Brooklands renamed Florida - from the Latin word, Floridus, which means covered with flowers. — Map (db m29729) HM
New York (Orange County), Florida — Florida Presbyterian Church
On this site, land was purchased in 1741 by men of Brookland to erect a Presbyterian Meeting House. Oldest established congregation in town of Warwick. — Map (db m21132) HM
New York (Orange County), Florida — William H. Seward1801 – 1872
was born on this site in a house now used as a barn in the rear. — Map (db m21082) HM
New York (Orange County), Florida — William Henry Seward
Born in Florida, New York May 16, 1801 Died in Auburn, New York October 10, 1872 New York State Senator 1831 – 1834 Governor, New York State 1839 – 1842 United States Senator 1849 – 1861 Secretary of State of the United States 1861 . . . — Map (db m21119) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — 32-Pounder
The modern cannon beside you is an accurate reproduction of a ca. 1760-1780 English 32-pounder cannon. The term “32-pounder” refers to the weight of the cannonball, not the cannon itself, which weighs nearly 6,000 pounds. The casting for . . . — Map (db m7669) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — A Strategic Location
Built near the southern end of the Hudson River Highlands, the Bear Mountain Bridge is approximately 40 miles north of New York City and 90 miles south of Albany. Here, at Anthony’s Nose and Bear Mountain, the river narrows and the terrain becomes . . . — Map (db m89527) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Barracks
You are looking at the foundation of a barracks built in the summer of 1776. This was probably a two-story building with a cellar under the northern half. Artifacts recovered from the site tell us a lot about the soldiers who lived here. In the 18th . . . — Map (db m7623) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Building a Fort
Early in the Revolutionary War, the Continental Congress realized that the Hudson River was critical to the American Cause. If the British controlled the river, they could divide the rebellious colonies. Therefore, the Americans began work on Fort . . . — Map (db m7555) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Enlisted Men’s & Officers’ Barracks
The long foundation to the left was a barracks for enlisted men. The short foundation on the right housed the fort’s senior officers and served as a commissary for storing food provisions. Items stored here were controlled and carefully guarded. . . . — Map (db m7624) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Fort Montgomery
Valiantly defended by the 5th New York, Lamb’s Artillery and local militia under Gen. George Clinton against heavy British-led forces October 6, 1777. — Map (db m7385) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Fort Montgomery Today
Welcome to Fort Montgomery State Historic Site. Built by Americans early in the Revolutionary War, Fort Montgomery was captured and destroyed by the British in 1777. Except for a small gun battery constructed in 1779, the fort was not rebuilt. In . . . — Map (db m7674) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Gardens of the Fort
Hello Visitor, please come take a stroll through our period gardens. Regimental Gardens       The raised beds you see in front of you are a recreation of an 18th century garden. Research has shown that the soldiers at Fort Montgomery had . . . — Map (db m89609) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Garrison Home
Home of Isaac Garrison and son Revolutionary cannoneers Captured at Battle of Fort Montgomery – 1777. Capt. Molly Corbin, Rev. heroine later resided here. Garrison FamilyMap (db m8275) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Grand Battery
Fort Montgomery was built to prevent British ships from sailing up the Hudson River. The centerpiece of the fort’s river defenses was its Grand Battery of six 32-pounder cannons. One of the largest cannons of the Revolutionary War, a 32-pounder was . . . — Map (db m7668) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Guard House
When excavation of the Guard House was completed in 1969, the site was reburied to protect the feature. Therefore, little is visible today. The Guard House was divided into two rooms that reflected dual uses. The southeastern room was where soldiers . . . — Map (db m7630) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Little Brown Church
Little Brown Church in the dell Fort Montgomery United Methodist Church First church in the area Established 1830 Orange and Rockland UtilitiesMap (db m8276) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — North Redoubt
The term redoubt at Fort Montgomery means a strong point in the fort’s walls. There were three redoubts at Fort Montgomery, including the North Redoubt, which you see here. Two of the redoubt’s walls projected out from the fort so that enemies . . . — Map (db m7577) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Powder Magazine
Fort Montgomery’s powder magazine provided a secure, dry place in which to store the garrison’s gunpowder and ammunition. The magazine was located here because of the site’s good drainage and because of the protection afforded by the rock ridge . . . — Map (db m7633) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Round Hill Redoubt
During the Battle of Fort Montgomery on October 6, 1777, the fort’s undermanned garrison formed a single rank behind the parapet (the fort’s defensive wall). British skirmishers approached the fort keeping up a constant fire. The British then sent a . . . — Map (db m7592) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Round Hill Redoubt
Fort Montgomery’s “Round Hill” redoubt was built to protect a piece of high ground that commanded the rest of the fort. It was one of three redoubts that the Americans built as they realized their gun batteries, which faced the river, . . . — Map (db m7597) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Soldiers’ Necessary
A “necessary” is a privy, or outhouse. In front of you is the vault of the only necessary known to have existed at Fort Montgomery. When it was finished in April 1776, it was described as “a large necessary, for soldiers.” It . . . — Map (db m7626) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Battle Around the Redoubts
Brigadier General George Clinton, the Governor of New York State, commanded Fort Montgomery during the battle of October 6, 1777. Aware the British were approaching, he ordered some of his men to take a 3-pounder cannon down the western road leading . . . — Map (db m7578) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Battle of Fort Montgomery
To aid Lieutenant General John Burgoyne’s British army stalled at Saratoga, Lieutenant General Sir Henry Clinton sailed from New York with 3,000 British, German, and Loyalist soldiers and a flotilla of warships. On the morning of October 7, 1777, . . . — Map (db m7404) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Bridge Builders
The men who built the Bear Mountain Bridge had completed some of the most challenging construction projects of the period. Connected by educational institutions, bridge and engineering companies, and previous projects, all had risen through the . . . — Map (db m89529) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Concord Minute Man of 1776By Daniel Chester French
Donated by Ben and Marie Birillo on the occasion of the 125th charter anniversary of the town of Highlands August 17, 1997 — Map (db m29864) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Historic 1777 & 1779 Trails
You are walking part of the 1777 historic trail that retraces as nearly as possible the routes taken by the British army during the Revolutionary War. The 1777 trail represents the route taken by British General Sir Henry Clinton’s forces on . . . — Map (db m7671) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Naval Battle of Fort Montgomery
Accounts of the naval action during the Battle of Fort Montgomery are conflicting. This scene is one impression of how the river might have looked during the battle. "The Shark and Cambden were ordered on the east side of the river to defend the . . . — Map (db m7556) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The Naval Battle of Fort Montgomery
When Sir Henry Clinton’s British troops reached Forts Clinton and Montgomery on October 6, 1777, some of his ships began moving upriver to support them. First came two galleys, the Dependence and the Crane, which were rowed into . . . — Map (db m7622) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — The William J. Moreau Popolopen Bridge
“Bill” Moreau, Chief Engineer at the New York State Bridge Authority for 27 years. He is recognized world-wide and at home in the Hudson Valley for his strong willed, expert dedication to safe bridge design, function and maintenance for . . . — Map (db m89612) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Three Sisters Garden
      The raised mounds you see to the rear are a recreation of a native “Three Sisters” garden. Corn, beans, and squash, the Three Sisters were companion crops planted by the natives. As the story goes, the Three Sisters augmented . . . — Map (db m89611) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — Welcome to Fort Montgomery
You are standing near the western end of Fort Montgomery: a Revolutionary War fort built to defend the Hudson Highlands and protect American control of the Hudson River. On October 6, 1777, the British captured Fort Montgomery and destroyed it in . . . — Map (db m7438) HM
New York (Orange County), Fort Montgomery — West Redoubt
Fort Montgomery’s “West” Redoubt was one of three strong points built to defend the fort from an overland attack. New York State’s Governor, Brigadier General George Clinton, commanded Fort Montgomery during the battle on October 6, . . . — Map (db m7588) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — 1841 Courthouse
Erected in 1841, this building served as courthouse until 1970. Designed by Thornton M. Niven, if reflects the Greek Revival in architecture that produced man fine buildings. — Map (db m42439) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Anna Elizabeth Dickinson
Anna Elizabeth Dickinson 1842-1932 “America’s Civil War Joan of Arc” In January of 1864, President Lincoln invited Anna to address Congress, the Cabinet and the Supreme Court, to rally support for the Union cause and the fight . . . — Map (db m25762) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Camp Wickham
Not far from this location, which in 1862 was part of the Wickham Farm that stretched from here to what is now the C. J. Hooker School, lays the site of the first encampment of the celebrated 124th New York Volunteers known as the "Orange Blossoms." . . . — Map (db m43410) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Goshen Emergency Hospital
With gift of this property, 1915, by Luella M. Van Leuven, Goshen Emergency Hospital remained here until 1967, providing care to thousands. Benefactors included Gates McGarrah (1978 GOCOBI) — Map (db m26948) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Goshen Half-ShireTown1727
1727 Goshen became the half-shire town of Orange County. Site of 1st courthouse. built 1737. Orange Inn erected 1790. Oldest active hotel. Plaque Goshen Restoration Unlimited Preservation Award Presented to Il Limoncello at the . . . — Map (db m26945) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Goshen, Orange Co., N.Y.
Situated in the center of Orange County, Goshen has a long and storied history as a major focal point of the nation's railroad infrastructure. When the builders of the New York & Erie Railroad began construction, they envisioned a railroad that . . . — Map (db m60384) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Horace Pippin
1888-1946 home of noted Afro-American artist. Attended nearby segregated school 1902 Metropolitan Museum Exhibit 1995. — Map (db m27277) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Maplewood
Maplewood, erected in 1816, was an early office of the Bank of Orange County. Est. 1813. Long the home of the Murray family, it became the Goshen Village Hall in 1976. — Map (db m25339) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Old Stone Schoolhouse
Built in the 1700’s and used continuously as a school until 1936 when purchased by Minisink Chapter, NSDAR. N.Y. State and National Register of Historic Places — Map (db m29728) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — Orange County Seat
County Seat Orange, one of original N.Y. counties created 1683 by Assembly, Council and Gov. Thos. Dongen. Goshen became center for County government in the 1700’s. — Map (db m25195) HM
New York (Orange County), Goshen — President Ulysses S. Grant
June 24, 1873 President Ulysses S. Grant was a guest in this house and watched the trotters race over historical track from barn in the rear — Map (db m26944) HM
New York (Orange County), Hamptonburgh — William Bull
English Stonemason, with wife Sarah Wells, Orange County Pioneers, built 1722 homestead on 2600 acre land grant — Map (db m43045) HM
New York (Orange County), Harriman — First MIA Flag
First MIA Flag On Nov. 10, 1974 the nation’s first MIA banner and flag pole was dedicated under a resolution conceived by Commander Thomas C. Bushing. — Map (db m28721) HM
New York (Orange County), Harriman — First Train Order Transmitted by Telegraph
From this site the first train order was transmitted by telegraph in 1851 from Harriman to Goshen by order of Charles Minot of the Erie Railroad — Map (db m17050) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland — Appalachian Trail
First opened October 1923 in Bear Mtn. – Harriman Park. Maintained by volunteers NY – NJ Trail Conference — Map (db m20725) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland — Appalachian Trail
Footpath for hikers 2100 miles Georgia – Maine Maintained by volunteers NY – NJ Trail Conference — Map (db m20727) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland — Fort Clinton
Oct. 6, 1777, Orange County Militia defended this post, stormed by British, on futile expedition to aid Burgoyne at Saratoga. — Map (db m20694) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland — Orange County
One of the original counties of Province of New York, established 1683, by Gov. Thomas Dongan, named for William, Prince of Orange. — Map (db m81840) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — 100th Anniversary of Highland Falls
Dedicated to The Village of Highland Falls on the occasion of the 100th Anniversary of incorporation 1906 – 2006 We respectfully remember our past, celebrate our present and begin our future Joseph E. D’Onofrio, Mayor Trustees Harold . . . — Map (db m55526) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Abrams GateNamed in Honor of General Creighton W. Abrams — U.S. Military Academy Class of 1936
Born September 15, 1914       Died September 4, 1974 A hard-fighting World War II tank battalion commander, General Abrams led armored forces through France, relieved encircled American soldiers at Bastogne, and spearheaded . . . — Map (db m20013) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — All Services Guardian Angel
The Cadet Honor Code A Cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do. Alma Mater Hail, Alma Mater, dear! To us be ever near. Help us thy motto bear, thru’ all the years. Let duty be well performed, honor be e’er untarned, . . . — Map (db m103706) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Andre Cavaro Lucas
Medal of Honor awarded to Andre Cavaro Lucas Lieutenant Colonel, Infantry for action at Fire Support Base Ripcord Republic of Vietnam, 1 to 23 July 1970 “ . . . Lieutenant Colonel Lucas . . . performed numerous acts of extraordinary . . . — Map (db m60240) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Benjamin J. Havens1789 -1877 — Proprietor, Benny Havens Tavern
Originally located on Homestaed Avenue, later moved to the banks of the Hudson. Generations of West Point Cadets enjoyed the congenial atmosphere at the off-limits tavern run by Benny Havens. Here they could relax, unwind and spend some time . . . — Map (db m20016) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Benny Havens
Tavern owner of USMA cadet fame buried at this site. Marker inscribed with song title tribute. 1789-1877   O & R Utilities — Map (db m54840) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Buffalo Soldiers
African-American units of the 9th and 10th Cavalry quartered at West Point in 1907, grew to over 100 skilled and disciplined men who trained the cadets. Considered the first “colored regulars” at West Point. Many local men served in . . . — Map (db m58559) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Buttermilk Falls
At the foot of this lane at Buttermilk Falls, was the Headquarters of General Israel Putnam, Commander in the Highlands 1779 — Map (db m18273) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Capt. Molly Corbin
Revolutionary War heroine, called “Molly Pitcher” who manned the cannon when her husband was killed in battle. Molly was also badly wounded and lived in various homes while recuperating from her own wounds. Originally buried on the . . . — Map (db m20040) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Captain Molly
Margaret Corbin, heroine of the Battle of Fort Washington, passed her last days on the former J.P. Morgan Eastate, near here. — Map (db m54841) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Church of the Holy InnocentsCirca 1840's
Built "To the Honour and Glory of God, Amen" by Prof. R. W. Weir - named after his children. — Map (db m20014) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Citizen’s National Bank
First bank in community – located on the main floor of this building 1908 — Map (db m55524) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Freedom Road
The route traveled by the 52 American hostages from Stewart Airport to West Point after their release from captivity in Iran January 25, 1981. — Map (db m11713) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Harriman Family
Edward Harriman was a railroad magnate who donated land for Harriman State Park. His son, William Averell, was a noted public servant and diplomat, whose contributions include serving as the chief overseas administrator of lend-lease, and Ambassador . . . — Map (db m54854) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Highland Falls World War II Memorial
In memory of those who made the supreme sacrifice for God and Country World War II Elmer Blake • Harold D. Bock • Concetta Costagna • Charles W. Erichson • Raymond J. Flanders • Leon Harer, Jr. • M. Joseph Hogan • John J. Monahan • Joseph F. . . . — Map (db m52878) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Highlands Korea & Vietnam Memorial
In honor of the men and women of the Town of Highlands who served our country during the Korean Conflict Jun. 27, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 and the Vietnam Era Aug. 5, 1964 to May 7, 1975 — Map (db m52880) WM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Highlands War Memorial
In honor of the men and women of the Town of Highlands who served our country under God in war and peace. To the memory of those who died to preserve our freedom. — Map (db m52881) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Highlands World War I Memorial
World War 1917 – 1918 Dedicated to the men from the town of Highlands who died that this nation might live. — Map (db m52879) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Iran Hostages
Fifty-two Americans held hostage in Iran for 444 days were reunited with their families on January 25, 1981. On route to the local Thayer Hotel they were accorded a grand patriotic outpouring of admiration and respect by the local community . . . — Map (db m20015) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Iranian Hostage Reunion
On January 25, 1981 fifty-two Americans were reunited with their families and nation after 444 days as hostages in Iran. Enroute to the U.S.M.A., West Point they were the recipients of an outpouring of love from people of the Hudson Valley and a . . . — Map (db m7435) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — John Burroughs
April 3, 1837 – March 29, 1921 As a young man, the poet- naturalist taught school near this spot. Here he wrote his poem “Waiting”. — Map (db m52715) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — The Army Mule
Since 1899 the mule has been the West Point mascot promoting the spirit of the Corps of Cadets. Mules were very important to the Army in the late 1800s through World War I. While not regular cavalry mounts, mules were used extensively to pull supply . . . — Map (db m7434) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — The Long Gray Line
In honor of the Long Gray Line of the United States Military Academy serving our nation since 1802 Sponsored by Thomas B. Dyer ’67 • Edward C. Meyer ’51 • John A. Hammack ’49 • Denis F. Mullance ’52 • Theodore G. Stroup Jr. ’62 and Highland Falls . . . — Map (db m54851) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Union Cemetery War Memorial
In memory of our dead heroes soldiers, sailors and marines of all wars.               U.S.A. — Map (db m54867) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — USMA Iraq and Afghanistan Deaths
In honor of the first male and female graduates of the United States Military Academy killed in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan during the Global War on Terrorism Iraq CPT James F. Adamouski ’95           2 April 2003 2LT Emily J. T. Perez ’05   . . . — Map (db m54994) WM
New York (Orange County), Highland Falls — Warner Sisters
After the death of their father, Susan (1819-1885) and Ann (1824-1915) Warner lived and worked on Constitution Island on the Hudson, gardening, writing popular books and famous song “Jesus Loves Me.” They regularly administered to the . . . — Map (db m29866) HM
New York (Orange County), Highland Mills — Rushmore Library
Built in 1923 by the Charles E. Rushmore family, Mt. Rushmore is named for Charles E. Rushmore. — Map (db m45986) HM
New York (Orange County), Howells — Mapes Cemetery
Burials from 1804 including Samuel Mapes, 1735 – 1820. Soldier of Revolution, signer of pledge to sustain Continental Congress. — Map (db m95888) HM
New York (Orange County), Huguenot — Indian Raid
Route taken by N. Y. and N. J. militia in pursuit of Col. Brant for raid on Minisink (Port Jervis) July 21, 1779. — Map (db m53051) HM
New York (Orange County), Huguenot — Indian Raid
Home of Philip Swartwout, Chairman Committee of Safety, 1777. He and two sons were scalped here in Brant's raid, Oct. 15, 1778. — Map (db m53054) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Edmund S. Lloyd
Built a supercenter in 1950 in a cow pasture beside a two lane country road. Rte. 211 grew to major retail center known as the “Miracle Mile.” — Map (db m29680) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Edwin Welling VanDuzer Memorial Home
Built 1887 Frank J. Lindsey. Architect — Map (db m29678) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Erie RR Station
1st station used 1843-1896 This bldg, Romanesque style built 1896, George E. Archer, Architect. This RR station served passengers thru 1983 — Map (db m29634) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — First Congregational Church
Organized June 10, 1785 First and only church in vicinity for 40 years Third edifice erected here 1872 — Map (db m47897) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — First Presbyterian Church, Scotchtown, N.Y.
‹— One mile northwest First Presbyterian Church, Scotchtown, N.Y. Organized Jan. 1796, building opened Sept. 12, 1797. Present edifice built 1854. — Map (db m26243) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Hotel Site
J. France home converted to hotel, 1872. Long known as Russell House, burned in 1907. Later Mitchell Inn, on this site 1908-1963. — Map (db m47896) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Mechanicstown School
Formerly a one-room schoolhouse, District #11, Town of Wallkill. Built in the 1800’s, this first Mechanicstown school served area students until closing in 1926. — Map (db m25335) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Notable Graves
Early Middletown promoter Elisha P. Wheeler; philanthropists Webb and Eugene Horton & S. Maretta Thrall; inventor George N. Clemson, civic leader James N. Pronk. — Map (db m50387) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — 1995 — Phillipsburgh
During the Revolutionary War, Mills owned by patriots Henry Wisner and Moses Phillips produced gunpowder for Washington’s Army here. — Map (db m25337) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — S. Maretta Thrall
1830-1897. With father's tannery business estate she donated Thrall Library, 1901 Thrall Hospital, 1892-1929, Thrall Park developed 1884 — Map (db m29635) HM
New York (Orange County), Middletown — Vaux Landscape
Hillside Cemetery, 1861. Picturesque design by Calvert Vaux, renowned Anglo-American architect, and co-designer of Central Park in New York City. — Map (db m50386) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — American Heroes
Monroe honors those buried here, whether they be private or general, who served our nation to keep us free from the Revolution to Vietnam. — Map (db m23669) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Crane Park
In honor of A. J. Crane, first president Monroe Improvement Association, estab. 1921 to purchase and improve land around the Mill Pond as a public park. — Map (db m23673) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — First Church
Presbyterian Meeting House 1783. Land gift of Daniel Miller. First Pastor Silas Constant. Last service 1853 Rev. Danile Niles Freeland. — Map (db m24966) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Gladys Taylor’s InnTown of Warwick
Notable Inn, 1942 - 1968, of the Greenwood Lake Forest Farms Colony. Vacation residence of African-American cultural leaders including Langston Hughes. — Map (db m28867) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Landmark of Monroe
The 1800’s saw this site occupied by a fulling mill. During the 1900’s a blacksmith shop operated by Mr. Gimpsey was here. Circa 1925 a two-story wood frame soda fountian stood here. in 1919 “The Monroe Diner” was opened. It was operated . . . — Map (db m24259) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — McGarrah’s Inn
Freemasons met here from 1817-1826. Purchased by the Cornerstone Lodge #711 in 1998. The 1817 Lodge Room remains active as of 2013. — Map (db m68711) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Methodist Church
Built in 1840, land donated by the Sweezy’s, enlarged in 1875. Earlier services conducted by circuit riders at Knights Mill & Forshee Hill. — Map (db m50383) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Monroe Cheese Co.
Cheese was first made here in 1873 by Julius Wettstein. In 1892 Emil Frey developed Liederkranz & c.1917 Velveeta. Moved to Van Wert, Ohio 1926. — Map (db m23675) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Monroe Race Track
First races held here, 1908. Last race, 1927. Track record was set in 1913 by Directum 1:2:04 1/2. The grandstand was razed in 1964. — Map (db m25105) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Monroe School
Built 1908. Partly destroyed by fire 1928. Grade K-12 as of 1945. Movie “Letter to a Hero” filmed here in 1943. — Map (db m95263) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Monroe, New York
Before the railroad came to town, Monroe had been an isolated community, composed mainly of farmers. When the New York & Erie Railroad (later reorganized as the Erie Railroad) rolled into town in 1841, an entirely new way of life was introduced. . . . — Map (db m60267) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Reynolds House
Outlaws attacked and attempted to murder patriot Henry Reynolds, who was saved by the heroics of his daughter Phoebe, circa 1782 — Map (db m34318) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Roscoe W. Smith
In Honor of Roscoe W. Smith Founder Old Museum Village of Smith’s Clove who, by his interest, vision, imagination and industry, collected and preserved for future generations this treasury of Americana. Founded 1950           . . . — Map (db m24258) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Town of Monroe
Created by NYS March 23, 1799 First named Cheescocks, renamed Munroe April 6, 1808, popularized Monroe ca. 1818 after President James Monroe. — Map (db m23469) HM
New York (Orange County), Monroe — Village of Monroe
A small farming community which grew from the ashes of the disastrous fire, being incorporated in 1894. — Map (db m23466) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — “Colored Cemetery"
Not all who arrived in this "New World" came of their own free will. There were those brought in heavy iron shackles -- victims of the cruel and inhumane institution known as slavery. According to records, 236 slaves, and 17 free blacks and . . . — Map (db m23118) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — German Town
Site of Hebron Lutheran Church and burial ground (Harrison Meeting). Log church built by Palatine Germans. Destroyed prior to American Revolution. — Map (db m23112) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — Mastadon Dig 1800
1st U.S. Science expedition remains exhibited London & Amer. philosoph. Society, Philadelphia. Dig Painted by Charles W. Peale, 1810. — Map (db m49822) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — Montgomery House
Built by Palantine settler Hans Smith 1771. Enlarged by Johannes Miller 1791 a promoter of Cochecton Pike, Montgomery Academy & County Agricultural Society — Map (db m23115) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — Site of Pleasure GroundPart of Original Archibald Kennedy Patent
James Ward-Grist-Miller, owned present village-called Ward's Bridge until 1810. Land part of Thomas & Mary Powell, vast farm on both sides of Union Street, early Hudson River steamboat builders. 1850-1878-Site of first Orange County Fairs, . . . — Map (db m23110) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — Smith Homestead
Site of stone house built by pioneer settler Wilhelm Smith in 1759. Replaced by his descendants c. 1850 present Greek revival style frame structure which incorporates fabric from the original dwelling — Map (db m23101) HM
New York (Orange County), Montgomery — Ward’s Bridge
Early name of Montgomery. James Ward built a bridge near this site, mid 1700s for access to his grist mill, nearby, now gone. — Map (db m23102) HM
New York (Orange County), New Hampton — Hampton
A 1700 industrial and mill settlement. Wawayanda Inn built in 1866, a store and stage coach stop. Mason’s store established 1917. — Map (db m32923) HM
New York (Orange County), New Milford — New Milford
One of the oldest hamlets in the town of Warwick purchased from the Delaware Indians thru the Wawayanda patent of 1702. — Map (db m21105) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — "The Publick Building Called the Temple"
Chaplain Israel Evans proposed building a “Temple of Virtue” where officers could assemble for meetings and the army could worship together rather than attend separate services around town or ignore the Sabbath completely. To this end, . . . — Map (db m8763) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — 1798 Clinton House
Built by General James Clinton Commander of NY troops during the Revolutionary War, presided at surrender at Yorktown 1781. Town Clerk & Supervisor of New Windsor, died here Dec. 22, 1812 — Map (db m44245) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Bruenig Road
Honors Lt. William Bruenig killed in a flight training accident 8-28-1942 Stewart Field after bailing USMA Aviation Cadet to safety. — Map (db m92715) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Camps of 1782-83
Newburgh and New Windsor were occupied by troops under Washington, waiting for the end of the war of American Revolution — Map (db m42436) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Early Cemetery
of the Presbyterian Church in 1764, here lie many early residents including Sgt. Elihu Spear killed at the end of the Revolutionary War, one day after peace was declared. — Map (db m44505) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Edmonston House
Built in 1755, by William Edmonston, used as a hqts for General’s St. Clair and Gates in 1782-83 and as a medical staff headquarters during the army encampments at New Windsor — Map (db m24416) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Falls House Site
Here, Oct. 1777, Gen. George Clinton rallied troops after fall of Forts Clinton and Montgomery, to defend Hudson Valley from British — Map (db m44033) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Forge Hill Road
Named for Brewster Forge of Revolutionary period. Soldiers, marching to New Windsor Camp, 1782 passed over this road. — Map (db m8230) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Freedom Road
The route traveled by the 52 American hostages from Stewart Airport to West Point after their release from captivity in Iran January 25, 1981. — Map (db m8215) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Freedom Road
The route traveled by the 52 American hostages from Stewart Airport to West Point after their release from captivity in Iran January 25, 1981. — Map (db m44035) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Glass Works Site
Glass Works Site Newburgh Glass Co 1867 72 Patented Glass From Rock Quarried at Butter Hill Products Included Bottles Pocket Flasks and Insulators Hudson Valley Bottle Club — Map (db m37134) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Headquarters Site
. . . — Map (db m37135) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Historic New Windsor
Historic New Windsor Nearby stood the Thomas Ellison house, used as headquarters by General George Washington at various times during the years of 1779-1781. Also quartered here was Alexander Hamilton and here was planned the attack on Stony . . . — Map (db m37137) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Little Britain, N.Y.
Settle 1724 by John Humphrey, named by Peter Mulliner 1729, birthplace of New York's first Governor & U.S. Vice-President 1805-1812 George Clinton. — Map (db m44248) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Mulliner Cemetery
Early burial ground of the Mulliner family & other early Little Britain families including the Beattie's, Falls Waugh's, Duboi's & Wellings on the land of Peter Mulliner — Map (db m44244) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — New Windsor Cantonment…Going, going, gone!
A “cantonment” was a more permanent quarters for troops than an encampment of tents. New Windsor, like Valley Forge, contained orderly lines of log huts that housed troops over the winter. After the Revolutionary War, New Windsor’s huts . . . — Map (db m8770) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Purple Heart MemorialCombat Wounded Veterans
Dedicated to the recipients of this nation’s oldest military decoration, “The Purple Heart” My stone is red for the blood they shed. The medal I bear is my country’s way to show they care. If I could be seen by all mankind maybe . . . — Map (db m8228) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Revolutionary Hut
This Revolutionary Hut was given by Mr. & Mrs. William T. Hand to the National Temple Association, Inc. and re-erected through the generosity of Mr. William Applebye Robinson Dedicated October 7, 1934. — Map (db m8774) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Temple Hill
In 1783, in the “Temple of Virtue” here on Temple Hill, General George Washington ordered officers to gather stories of gallantry and faithful service by enlisted men and to select candidates for the Badge of Military Merit, the . . . — Map (db m8807) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — The Land
By 1782, more than a century of settlement and eight years of military occupation had left much of the Hudson River’s waterfront deforested. Nevertheless, the Quartermaster Department, responsible for securing the army’s living quarters, found a . . . — Map (db m8766) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — The People of the New Windsor Cantonment
Approximately 7,500 soldiers of the Continental Army, who came from New England, the Mid-Atlantic states, Canada, and even Europe, lived at New Windsor Cantonment. Although most were in their twenties, the soldiers ranged in age from their early . . . — Map (db m8806) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — The Temple
Front of Monument: On this ground was erected “The Temple” or new public building by the Army of the Revolution -- 1782 – 83 -- ------------------- The birthplace of the Republic. Right Side of Monument: This tablet . . . — Map (db m8281) HM
New York (Orange County), New Windsor — Unknown Soldier
Here Lyes the Mortal Remains of an Unknown Soldier First interred in the Revolutionary War Graveyard at West Point. Moved here in 1965 again to rest among his comrades. — Map (db m42420) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Andrew J. Downing1815-1852
Originator of Hudson River picturesque landscapes and architecture. Partners Vaux and Wither continued building in Romantic style as in this ‘Villa’. — Map (db m34009) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Christopher Columbus
[ east side ] The Newburgh Chapter of UNICO National October 11, 1992 In celebration of a 500th Anniversary commemorating the vision, courage, determination and voyages of Christopher Columbus And the crews of the Nina, the . . . — Map (db m37139) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Court House
Orange County Court House, Greek revival, finished in 1842. Newburgh shared a half-shire role with Goshen. Architect Thornton Niven of Newburgh — Map (db m42437) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Dedication of Newburgh Landing
Dedication of Newburgh Landing Nov. 14, 1976 Presented By Newburgh Chapter of Unico Service Above Self — Map (db m37141) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Gettysburg AddressNovember, 19 1863. — 1809       1865
Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that . . . — Map (db m54238) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Gidney Grist Mill
Site of flour mill built by Eleazor Gidney 3rd. in early 1800’s. Rebuilt 1880 after fire. Area initially known as Gidneytown. — Map (db m57429) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Montgomery Street Station
Montgomery Street Station, one of the world’s earliest central electric stations, began service here in 1884. Built by Thomas A. Edison. — Map (db m34006) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Newburgh's Neighborhood Preservation Began on This Street
The first 5 brick houses on the east side of the street were saved from demolition by Ellzabeth Lyon in 1974. Newburgh's neighborhood preservation began on thls street. — Map (db m34054) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Orange County Veterans Memorial
Orange County Veterans Memorial Roll of Honor In Memory of Those Orange County Men and Women Who Gave Their Lives In the Service of Our Country World War I William P. Abel • Walter D. Allison • Joseph M. Alvord • Seymour Anderson • William . . . — Map (db m37717) WM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — The Balmville Tree
Standing here since 1699 Circumference 25 feet, 5 inches Diameter 90 inches I - The Balmville Tree The Balmville Tree is the oldest Eastern Cottonwood on record in the United States. A core sample taken by a Harvard University . . . — Map (db m28886) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — The Disbandment of the Armies
This monument was erected under the authority of the Congress of the United States and of the State of New York in commemoration of The Disbandment under proclamation of the Continental Congress of Oct 18, 1783 of the Armies by whose patriotic & . . . — Map (db m8205) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — The Minuteman
Pro Patria Given by David Barclay November XI MCMXXIV — Map (db m40009) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Thomas Machin’s Mint
An early American mint was located near here, run by watercourse from Lake. Built 1787, Several types of coins were minted. — Map (db m96059) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Uzal Knapp
The last of the Life Guards Born 1759, Died 1856 Monmouth, Valley Forge, Yorktown (Back of monument) Erected by the Newburgh Guards Company F. 19th Regiment N.Y.S.M. June 1860 — Map (db m8235) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Washington’s Headquarters
Washington’s Headquarters has been designated a Registered National Historic Landmark. Under the provisions of the Historic Sites Act of August 21, 1935 this site possesses exceptional value in commemorating and illustrating the history of the . . . — Map (db m8204) HM
New York (Orange County), Newburgh — Washington’s HeadquartersState Historic Site
The Hasbrouck house served as General Washington’s headquarters from April 1782 until August 1783. He issued the cease-fire orders here on April 19, 1783. Revolutionary War Heritage Trail — Map (db m8725) HM
New York (Orange County), Otisville — Corwin Farm
Corwins were early settlers. Silas G. Corwin built brick home c. 1863 Mount Hope Supervisor, Joseph K. Corwin was born here May 25, 1869. — Map (db m53042) HM
New York (Orange County), Pine Island — “Drowned Lands”
Black dirt formed 12,000 yrs. ago in a glacial lake. Hearty farmers drained the swamp by hand. Their work made “Pine Island” the top onion area for the past 50 years. — Map (db m30786) HM
New York (Orange County), Port Jervis — 12pd. Napoleon CannonManufactured - 1863

This Model 1999 [sic - it was No. 199 produced] 12pd. Napoleon Civil War era (1861-1865) cannon was built by Revere Copper Company and inspected by Thomas Jefferson Rodman (T.J.R.), the Ordinance [sic - Ordnance] Inspector. His initials are . . . — Map (db m107173) HM


419 markers matched your search criteria. The first 200 markers were listed. Next 219
Paid Advertisement