The Olympic Mountains began life 35 million years ago as part of the ancient sea floor that thrust against the North American plate. Inexorable geologic forces fractured and folded these layers of rock and lifted them high into the air. Erosion . . . — — Map (db m75486) HM
Ken Griffey Jr.'s first professional hit, a home run, landed near this spot on June 17, 1987.
During the fourth inning of his second pro game, Griffey, age 17, playing for Bellingham against Everett in Northwest League action, muscled a 1-0 . . . — — Map (db m86609) HM
This cottage was built in 1917 by the Puget Mill Company as a residence for the superintendent of the 33-acre Alderwood Manor Demonstration Farm. F.C. McClane was the superintendent until the Company closed the Demonstration Farm in 1933. The . . . — — Map (db m60021) HM
The park site’s original residence was built in 1919 by the Puget Mill Company, and first owned by Joseph R. and Harriet B. Holt. In 1934, wanting to “live in the country,” Mildred and Albert Humble and their two daughters, Janice and . . . — — Map (db m60022) HM
Trolley Car 55 is a 1907 Interurban single-ended, wood framed electric rail car that was constructed by the Niles Carbody Works and delivered to the Seattle-Everett Traction Company in 1910. The Interurban Rail Line provided commuter service from . . . — — Map (db m60023) HM
Built by the Puget Mill Company in 1919, this grocery and supply store was located on the North Trunk Road in Alderwood Manor (now 196th Street SW in Lynnwood). The Main Store was a familiar landmark half-way between Seattle and Everett to . . . — — Map (db m60020) HM
We do not know the name of the first man or women to venture into the Mukilteo area, but we do know that the ancestors of today’s Native Americans migrated from Asia to North America at least 12,000 years ago. Evidence of the next explorers is also . . . — — Map (db m61041) HM
On May 30, 1792 Captain Vancouver and his party anchored off this point and came ashore the following morning. Commissioned by the British to survey the N.W. Coast of America, they named this area Rose Point for the many wild roses that grew here. — — Map (db m83866) HM
This property has been placed on:
The National Register of Historic Places
by the Department of the Interior and on
the Washington Heritage Register by
the Governor's Advisory Council on historic . . . — — Map (db m83865) HM
The cottage you see on the bluff above
was Snohomish County's first courthouse,
first post office and our first city hall.
Originally built in Steilacoom
and delivered by steamship in 1859.
It was also the home of city founder,
Emory . . . — — Map (db m72646) HM