Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Wayne County New York Historical Markers

 
A Vast Enterprise Marker image, Touch for more information
By Anton Schwarzmueller, May 21, 2018
A Vast Enterprise Marker
New York (Wayne County), Arcadia — A Vast Enterprise
A Vast Enterprise The Erie Canal was a vast commercial enterprise that required an army of men, women, and children to maintain and operate: surveyors, engineers, lock tenders, toll collectors, bridge operators, repair crews, and bank . . . — Map (db m117641) HM
New York (Wayne County), Arcadia — The Birthplace of Modern Spiritualism
. . . — Map (db m117715) HM
New York (Wayne County), Arcadia — 322 — The Fox Sisters
The Fox Sisters On this site event of March 31, 1848 began sisters Maggie and Kate Fox's central role in the origin of modern spiritualism — Map (db m117714) HM
New York (Wayne County), Butler — Roe Cobblestone Schoolhouse
Roe Cobblestone Schoolhouse (aka) Maple Avenue School, believed to be the oldest cobblestone schoolhouse in North America circa 1824 — Map (db m79698) HM
New York (Wayne County), Butler — Sarah Mills
Sarah Mills departed this life December 18, 1809 in the 65th year of her age. First woman to die in Town of Butler. Wife of Rev. War Capt. Peter Mills. — Map (db m79701) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — 7 — Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 55 — H.G. Hotchkiss Peppermint Company — Rochester, Syracuse & Eastern Rail Road
Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 55, Lyons, New York H.G. Hotchkiss Peppermint Company Rochester, Syracuse & Eastern Rail Road Fifteen Miles on the Erie Canal, Wayne County, New York Enlarged Erie Canal (1840-1905) Lock E-55, located just east . . . — Map (db m117683) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — First School
First School A log school house was built on this site before 1808. Brick structure replacing it was used as a Catholic Church. — Map (db m117687) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — G. Winston Dobbins Memorial Park — and Mural Winston's Dream
G. Winston Dobbins Memorial Park and Mural Winston's Dream Dedicated June 14, 2007 This site is more than a landmark in history. It is a community victory! In April of 2006 discarded furniture, old tires, scrap metal, and assorted rubbish filled . . . — Map (db m117673) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — Gratefully Dedicated
Air Force Gratefully dedicated to the lasting memory of all the men and women of the village and town of Lyons who have served honorably in the armed forces of the United States of America in peace and war. Army Navy POW★MIA You are . . . — Map (db m117666) WM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — H.G. Hotchkiss
H.G. Hotchkiss Essential Oil Co. began on this site 1841. Awarded international medals making Lyons one of the world's largest producers of peppermint oil. — Map (db m117669) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — H.G. Hotchkiss Peppermint Mural
H.G. Hotchkiss Peppermint Mural Artist: Dawn Jordan July 2009 Mural #7 In this mural Dawn Jordan depicts the "essence” of the business operations which at one time produced the world famous Hotchkiss Peppermint Oil. Included . . . — Map (db m117671) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — H.G. Hotchkiss/Hotchkiss Essential Oils
Hotchkiss Essential Oils Essential Oil- an oil is essential in that it carries a distinctive scent or essence of a plant PEPPERMINT - a hybrid plant which is a cross between watermint and spearmint used to make oil: sometimes regarded as . . . — Map (db m117678) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — It is 1880 and You are Riding on a Packet Boat
It is 1880 and you are riding on a packet boat through Lyons, New York; as you pass and through Lock 55 the air is thick with the smell of peppermint oil having just been loaded for shipment by the Hotchkiss Building. Your packet boat just turned . . . — Map (db m117658) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — 394 — Jackson School
Jackson School. One room cobblestone school house opened in 1831 for School Dist. No.6 Towns of Lyons & Arcadia. Closed 1947. Sold 1959 to private owners. — Map (db m117713) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — Memorial
. . . — Map (db m117688) WM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — Mildred Taylor
Mildred Taylor 1905-1981. Member of NYS Assemby from 1946-1960. First woman appointed to Assembly Ways and Means Committee. — Map (db m117664) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — Naming of Lyons
Naming of Lyons About 1795 near this spot the river-view resembling that of Lyons, France, led Charles Williamson to rename "The Forks" settlement - Lyons. — Map (db m117635) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — Taylor Memorial Park
Taylor Memorial Park Gift to the Village of Lyons in memory of William Taylor 1844-1918 by his son Myron C. Taylor 1932 — Map (db m117663) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — The Lyons Drydock
The Lyons Drydock Thee Lyons drydock, located just west of the village was the last drydock built on the New York State Canal System after nearly a century of improvements. Drydocks like the one at Lyons were needed so that canal boats . . . — Map (db m117654) HM
New York (Wayne County), Lyons — Wayne County Historical Society — Museum of Wayne County History
Wayne County Historical Society Museum of Wayne County History Since 1962, the Wayne County Historical Society has operated the Museum of Wayne County History, a 17 room exhibition space - formerly the Wayne County Jail and Sheriff's residence. . . . — Map (db m117685) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — 317 — Bullis House
Bullis House Built by Charles H. Bullis ca. 1839. Camp Bullis in Texas named for grandson Gen. John L. Bullis who resided here in his youth. — Map (db m117614) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — 370 — Emma B. Sweet
Emma B. Sweet 1862-1951. Macedon native, Susan B. Anthony's secretary 1895-1906. Sufferage worker, speaker and advocate for equal rights for all. — Map (db m117608) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 60 Historic Site
Macedon's Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 60 Historic Site The original 1825 Erie Canal (Clinton's Ditch), proved so successful that in 1841 lock 60 was built as a single chamber as part of a system wide enlargement. Whereas the "Ditch” . . . — Map (db m117601) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Erie Lock 60
Erie Lock 60 Through these hallowed chambers passed untold thousands. Built in 1821 Clinton's Ditch Lock #71 1841 Erie enlargement Lock #60 1874 doubled - 1888 lengthened — Map (db m61898) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — First Settlers of Macedon
1789 Webb and Hannah Harwood first settlers of Macedon pioneer home located near this marker — Map (db m117599) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Have You Wondered
Have you wondered, "What are these boxes and what were they used for? These boxes have historical value and were used in a variety of ways. In circa 1900 they were used on Onondaga Lake, Syracuse, NY for oil barges to tie up to while waiting . . . — Map (db m117606) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Historic Sites
Historic Sites First Baptist Church built 1809 moved to VLG. 1835 Parsonage, bur- ial ground of David & Anna Wilcox great, great grandparents of Win- ston Churchill, School Dist #6 — Map (db m110026) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — In Memory of Our Fallen Civil War Soldiers
Erected by the people of Macedon in memory of our fallen Civil War soldiers Honoring those who died to preserve the Union during the American Civil War (1861-1865) [left] Lewis B. Knowles, Co. B, 38th N.Y.V.; John Beuger, Co. B, 160th . . . — Map (db m117613) WM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Macedon Academy
Macedon Academy Est. 1841 to educate in the academics, in character, and in the equality of all people. Frederick Douglass spoke here March 6, 1861. — Map (db m117598) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Macedon's Honor Roll
Macedon's Honor Roll In grateful trubute to the local men and women of our armed forces who have or are currently serving their country. This land is rededicated in their memory to remain forever a public park. — Map (db m117604) WM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — May 29, 1800
May 29, 1800 The First Baptist Church of Macedon was organized on this site in the home of Lemuel Spear, a veteran of the Revolution. — Map (db m117600) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — The 26 Erie Canal Laborers
In remembrance of - The 26 Erie Canal laborers buried here, stricken in 1846. "They built the longest canal, with the least experience, for the most public benefit" — Map (db m117597) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Underground RR
Underground RR n this area Quaker abolitionist harbored slaves using Ganargua Creek as a gateway to freedom. — Map (db m117607) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — Wayneport Historic Area
Macedon's Wayneport Historic Area At one time known as West Macedon, Wayneport was the first port in Wayne County east of Rochester on the original Clinton's Ditch. The first post office in Macedon was located here. On the south side of . . . — Map (db m117596) HM
New York (Wayne County), Macedon — 379 — Wilcoxen Home
Wilcoxen Home Ella S. Wilcoxen 1865-1933 First female graduate of University of Rochester 1901. Teacher & religious worker. Lifelong community resident. — Map (db m126142) HM
New York (Wayne County), Marion — First Log House
First Log House in Marion was erected on this site in 1795 by Henry Lovell — (db m117726) HM
New York (Wayne County), Marion — First Tavern
1800 First Tavern kept in Marion was located on this site. — Map (db m117723) HM
New York (Wayne County), Marion — Former POW Camp
Site of Former POW Camp The camp housed 70 to 80 German prisoners during World War II July 23, 1945 - December 2, 1945 — Map (db m117731) HM
New York (Wayne County), Marion — G.A.R.-W.R.C. memorial — From Fort Sumter to Appomattox. — Fraternity, Charity, Loyalty, G.A.R.
(Front): Erected as a memorial to the soldiers & and sailors of the town of Marion by Love F. Seymour in memory of her grandparents Eli & Margaret Green (Right Side): 1861 Let us have peace Grant 1865 (Back):With . . . — Map (db m45181) HM
New York (Wayne County), Marion — Marion
Marion Settled in 1795-6 by pioneers from Rhode Island and Massachusetts, was organized as a town April 15, 1826 — Map (db m117724) HM
New York (Wayne County), Marion — This House
This House erected in 1830 was a station of the Underground Railway in the days of slavery. — Map (db m117729) HM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — Arcadia War Memorial
[encircling] Independence, Justice, Liberty [front & back] Arcadia War Memorial, Dedicated to the memory of our soldiers - sailors and marines of all wars World War II Vincent L. Finewood, U.S.A. 1945; Albert N. Fisher, France 1945; Charles J. . . . — Map (db m117763) WM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — In Memory of Those from This Community
In memory of those from this community who served our country, especially those who gave their lives in the ultimate sacrifice. 1950 Korea 1955 Ralph E. Baker, Cpl. Army, KIA 5 May 1951 1961 Vietnam 1975 James A. Marshall, 1Lt. USAF, MIA 18 . . . — Map (db m117762) WM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — 320 — Joseph Miller
Joseph Miller On this site stood the home of Joseph Miller who founded Newark in 1819 and built local section of Erie Canal Ca. 1822. — Map (db m117645) HM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — 323 — Lockville
Lockville Erie Canal hamlet on this site incorporated in 1839 as village of Arcadia. Joined Newark in 1853. Row buildings of the period. — Map (db m117646) HM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — 321 — Mora Motor Car
Mora Motor Car Est. 1906 by Samuel H. Mora. Automobiles manufacturesd on this site 1908-1911. Hallagan Fine Furniture located here since 1913. — Map (db m117647) HM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — Rear Admiral Leslie E. Gehres
Rear Admiral Leslie E. Gehres Born Newark, NY September 23, 1898. Died May 15, 1975. Dedicated in recognition of Rear Admiral Leslie E. Gehres, leading U.S. naval hero of World War II, for extraordinary heroism as Captain of the aircraft carrier . . . — Map (db m117644) WM
New York (Wayne County), Newark — The Lockville Locks in Newark
The Lockville Locks in Newark Lock 59, about 300 feet away and across Clinton Street was part of the Enlarged Erie Canal, built between 1839 and 1841 in a section of town once known as Upper Lockville. Its two sister locks 58 and 57, were located . . . — Map (db m117650) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — A Memorial to All
A memorial to all living and dead who have served in our nation's armed forces. — Map (db m117638) WM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Admiral William T. Sampson Memorial
Born in Palmyra, N.Y. Commander North Atlantic Squadron Spanish-American War cannon from Spanish ship 'Almirante Oquendo' Memorial dedicated May 31, 1903 — Map (db m61355) WM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Creating a Farm
Creating a Farm The Smiths selected property that featured all the resources of a first-rate farm: a year-round source of water, fertile soil, gentle slopes, and mature sugar maple trees interspersed with beech, oak, and other hardwoods. They . . . — Map (db m117618) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Cumorah
4 mile south Cumorah Famous Mormon Hill and Angel Moroni monument. — Map (db m62095) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Fencing the Land
Fencing the Land The Smiths marked the boundary of their property with large stones gathered while clearing the land. They then built a fence over the stacked stones to keep wandering livestock out of their property. They split thousands of . . . — Map (db m117622) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — First Church
Site of First Church in Palmyra 1811-1832 land given by General John Swift — Map (db m61353) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — First School House
1793 – 1805 First School House in Palmyra built here on land given by General John Swift. — Map (db m61352) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Grandin Print Shop
Canal Town 1789 Grandin Print Shop Book of Mormon first published here, 1830 — Map (db m62101) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Hill Cumorah Monument
This monument has been erected by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to commemorate the delivering of the Ancient American record known as the "Book of Mormon" to the prophet Joseph Smith on September 22, 1827.

The figure on top of . . . — Map (db m62096) HM

New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — John and Rhoda Swift
1789 John and Rhoda Swift First settlers of Palmyra Log cabin built near here 1st Moderator & Supervisor Militia Captain, Freemason — Map (db m108729) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Lake Stone House
Martin Harris’s home was a one-and-a-half story white frame house, which stood on this site. When Martin moved away in 1831, it was occupied by William Chapman. That house burned down in 1849 and was replaced by the present lake-stone house, which . . . — Map (db m66072) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Martin Harris Farm
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was founded in this area, and Martin Harris was a leading figure in its early history. He helped publish the Book of Mormon. Martin Harris was born 18 May 1783 in Easttown, Saratoga County New York. ln . . . — Map (db m66071) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Martin Harris Farm
Mortgaged for $3000 in 1829 to provide funds for first publication of the Book of Mormon — Map (db m66073) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Palmyra Area — Historic New York
Here before the white man came, lived the Cayuga and Seneca Indians. Their displacement after the Revolution, when many went to Canada, opened the land to settlers. Massachusetts which claimed a large portion of western New York sold its holdings to . . . — Map (db m62099) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Palmyra in History
1822 The Erie Canal was completed to Palmyra 1827 The Village of Palmyra was incorporated 1830 The Book of Mormon was printed in the Grandin Building. 1849 Palmyra held the first fair in New York State. It later became the Wayne County Fair. . . . — Map (db m61351) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Palmyra War Memorial
Army • Marines • Navy Citizens and patriots come forth and say Thank You to the men and women from Palmyra who served in the armed forces of the United States in time of peace and all wars. Air Force • Coast Guard — Map (db m61895) WM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Pioneer Home
Site of Pioneer Home of Gideon Durfee built 1811. — Map (db m117633) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Rope Walk
Rope Walk Here rope was manufactured in 500 foot lengths, it was used on the Albany Schenectady R.R. — Map (db m117634) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Sampson House
Sampson House Birthplace of Rear Admiral William T. Sampson 1840-1902. Commander of flagship in the Spanish-American War. — Map (db m117632) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — The Eight Witnesses
The Eight Witnesses In late 1829 Joseph Smith Jr. gathered a small group of his family and friends to a secluded spot in these woods and showed them the gold plates from which the Book of Mormon was translated. He allowed each of the eight . . . — Map (db m117620) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — The Log Home
The Log Home In 1818 or 1819 Joseph Smith Sr., his wife Lucy Mack Smith, and their eight children moved from Palmyra Village to Stafford Road just north of the 100 acres they planned to acquire. They built a log home and outbuildings in his site . . . — Map (db m117617) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — The Sacred Grove
The Sacred Grove In the spring of 1820, Joseph Smith entered this remnant of an ancient forest to kneel in prayer. The vision he beheld of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ initiated the restoration to the earth of the fulness of the . . . — Map (db m117619) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — This House
Built by Pliny Sexton in 1827 was a station of the Underground Railway in the days of slavery. — Map (db m62100) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — This Tank
This tank is a memorial to the men and women of the Palmyra area who answered their country's call. Dedicated in memory of those who made the supreme sacrifice. Because of them our lives are free. Because of them our nation lives! United . . . — Map (db m117642) WM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — Towpath and Aqueduct / Father of the Iron Bridge
Towpath and Aqueduct The Palmyra-Macedon Aqueduct has worn the years well judging from the engineer's drawings below. The arched towpath, still completely intact, spans Ganargua Creek as it has for almost 150 years while the massive . . . — Map (db m117615) HM
New York (Wayne County), Palmyra — World War I Mortar
(German/Minnie/Woerfer) Given by the U.S. War Department as a war trophy in memory of Palmyra servicemen who gave their lives during America's participation in World War I (1917-1918) — Map (db m63986) WM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — 100 Years of Dramatics
On June 21, 1867, The Pultneyville lyceum staged its first entertainment in this building. Under the supervision of Prof. Lewis H. Clark 22 men and women of this village "Acquitted themselves with great credit." The money raised from the . . . — Map (db m79595) HM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — First White Men
From 1687 French Batteaux men stopped here to trade with Indians. First settler "Yankee Bill" Waters, a hunter lived here 1804. — Map (db m65346) HM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — From the Nearby Ravine
From the nearby ravine, the militia and volunteers hastily gathered under General Swift, bravely defended the northern frontier, their kindred and homes, from the attack of the British at Pultneyville, May 15, 1814 — Map (db m79596) HM WM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — Site of Union Church
Site of Union Church Erected 1825. Open for use of any denomination, dedicated to tolerance and promotion of good order and religion. — Map (db m79594) HM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — The Battle of Pultneyville — May 15th, 1814
Battle of Nerves The Battle of Pultneyville was a skirmish between British forces under Commander Yeo and American Militia forces. The British periodically raided coastal communities for supplies, but the people of Pultneyville did not . . . — Map (db m65348) HM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints — Palmyra Area Historic Sites — Several Significant Locations
Many points of interest are located near Palmyra that take visitors back to a way of life from the past, introduce them to early American industries, present theatrical productions and the beginnings of the Mormon religion. Joseph Smith, Sr. . . . — Map (db m64928) HM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — Underground Railroad Terminus
Site of Underground Railroad Terminus Home of Samuel Cuyler used as terminus of Underground R.R. during slavery period — Map (db m79598) HM
New York (Wayne County), Pultneyville — Wreck of the St.Peter — National Register of Historic Places
Lost in a Storm The St. Peter left Oswego carrying a full load of coal, headed for the safety of the Welland Canal when a storm struck her with 70 mph winds. Unable to reach the canal, the ship was turned back east to run before the . . . — Map (db m64903) HM
New York (Wayne County), Red Creek — A Memorial to Our Men Who Answered our County's Call
Erected by the citizens of RED CREEK as a memorial to our men who answered our country's call Dedicated September 22, 1920 — Map (db m78933) WM
New York (Wayne County), Red Creek — First Log Cabin
First Log Cabin Site of log cabin built in 1813 by Jacob Snyder, first settler of Red Creek. — Map (db m79707) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus — Cobblestone Architecture — Sodus Area Cobblestones — Architecture of the Coast
Why Build With Stone? Glaciers blessed this area with an abundance of stones. Farmers who picked them from their fields recognized their utility as a sturdy, fireproof, free building material that required no painting. An influx of masons . . . — Map (db m79597) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus Point — A French Inspired Flotilla — Travel Through Wilderness — French & Indian War
Lakeside Camp. Prideaux's army encamped here at Sodus Bay on the evening of July 1st, 1759. They were formed on the lake the following morning by 6:00 to continue their expedition. Each boat was numbered and each man, whether officer or . . . — Map (db m79631) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus Point — Big Sodus Light — Built in 1870
Replaced the first lighthouse on this site built in 1825.. The light in service 1871-1901 now a maritime museum. the Sodus Bay Historical Society ————————— Listed on the National Register . . . — Map (db m79632) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus Point — British Raids — Troupville (Sodus Point) Sacked! — War of 1812
Under Fire. Troupville was one of several lakeshore communities to come under attack by the British navy during a campaign to disrupt the flow of military stores to American forces. Troupville (Sodus Point) c.1813. In 1813, the lakeshore . . . — Map (db m79618) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus Point — Site of 1825 Keeper's Dwelling House
On May 26, 1824 an act of Congress approved appropriation of $4,500 to construct a light tower and keeper's house at Sodus Bay. On November 20, 1824 three acres of land were purchased from William Wickham for the sum of $68.75 and construction . . . — Map (db m79629) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus Point — Site of the Original Sodus Bay Lighthouse
Site of the Original Sodus Bay Lighthouse Established 1825. Removed 1871. Height 40 ft. Diameter: base 22 ft.; top 10½ ft. Walls: base 3½ ft.; top 2 ft. — Map (db m79627) HM
New York (Wayne County), Sodus Point — The Sodus Point Coal Trestle
The early 1850's saw Sodus Bay as a commercial port, and with the increased demand for coal, local businessmen began construction of the Sodus Point & Southern Railroad line, that would connect it to the coal fields of central Pennsylvania, via the . . . — Map (db m79660) HM
New York (Wayne County), Walworth — Walworth
Walworth known as Douglas Corners 1801 - 1825. Here Stephen Douglas of Conn. built first house. — Map (db m109974) HM
New York (Wayne County), Williamson — Indian Trail
Indian Trail This road, second in town was indian trail, later Canandaigua-Pultneyville post road, built of plank. Here stood toll gate. — Map (db m79593) HM
New York (Wayne County), Williamson — Site of First Log House
Built 1807 by Major William Rogers. Used for tavern, store, and post office. Settlement was called Rogers Corners — Map (db m64929) HM
New York (Wayne County), Williamson — Underground Railroad Station
Underground Railroad Station In this house slaves were concealed on their way to Canada by Com. Griffith M. Cooper — Map (db m79591) HM
New York (Wayne County), Wolcott — In Memory, World Wars 1 - 2
In memory World Wars 1 - 2 Peace be yours [11 and 16 names listed]Map (db m79661) HM
New York (Wayne County), Wolcott — Northrup Park
Northrup Park This park was the gift of Gardner H. Northrup who came to Wolcott in 1871. The memorial bandstand was given by his widow in 1928. — Map (db m79662) HM
New York (Wayne County), Wolcott — Wolcott Falls
Wolcott Falls Called by Indians "Ganadasgua", Leaping Waters Above the Lake. Site of Melvin's Mills established 1809 — Map (db m79679) HM

98 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.