Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Saginaw County Michigan Historical Markers

 
Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Marker (Side B) image, Touch for more information
By Mh, December 22, 2013
Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Marker (Side B)
Michigan (Saginaw County), Frankenmuth — 1577 — Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn
On South Main Street (State Highway 83), on the right when traveling north.
Side A: The village of Frankenmuth began as a German community in 1845. Its first settlers were among the German immigrants who left their homeland because of poor farming conditions and political unrest. Frankenmuth also attracted people . . . — Map (db m39890) HM
Michigan (Saginaw County), Frankenmuth — Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Restaurant Michigan Centennial Business
On South Main Street (State Highway 83) at Covered Bridge Lane, on the right when traveling north on South Main Street.
This plaque is issued by the Historical Society of Michigan in recognition of Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn Restaurant founded in 1888 for more than 100 years of continuous operation in service to the people of Michigan and for . . . — Map (db m101555) HM
Michigan (Saginaw County), Frankenmuth — Frankenmuth Woolen Mill Michigan Centennial Business
On South Main Street (State Highway 83) north of Rosstal Street, on the left when traveling north.
This plaque is issued by the Historical Society of Michigan in recognition of Frankenmuth Woolen Mill Founded in 1894 for more than 100 years of continuous operation in service to the people of Michigan and for contributing to . . . — Map (db m101549) HM
Michigan (Saginaw County), Frankenmuth — Gugel Bridge
On South Beyer Road 0.5 miles north of East Curtis Road.
While W. Christian Gugel (1874-1930) was the treasurer of Saginaw County (1915-1920), he used his influence to ensure that the Dixie Hwy. Bridge was moved to span the Cass River at the Beyer Rd. location near his farm. Because of his efforts it . . . — Map (db m121627) HM
Michigan (Saginaw County), Frankenmuth — 170 — Michigan's German Settlers
Fifteen German immigrants from Franconia, Bavaria, led by the Rev. August Craemer, founded Frankenmuth in 1845. They were advised to settle here by the Rev. Frederick Schmid, Lutheran pastor of Ann Arbor's German colony, founded in the 1820's. Other . . . — Map (db m92070) HM
Michigan (Saginaw County), Frankenmuth — Star of the West Milling Company Michigan Centennial Business
On East Tuscola Street east of South Main Street (State Highway 83), on the right when traveling east.
This plaque is issued by the Historical Society of Michigan in recognition of Star of the West Milling company Founded in 1870 For more than 100 years of continuous operation in service to the people of Michigan and for . . . — Map (db m120827) HM
Michigan (Saginaw County), Saginaw — S669 — Theodore H. Roethke Childhood Home / Theodore H. Roethke
On Gratiot Avenue (State Highway 46) at Post Street, on the left when traveling west on Gratiot Avenue.
Theodore H. Roethke Childhood Home Distinguished poet Theodore Roethke (1908-1963) was born in Saginaw and grew up in this house. The house was built around 1911 for his parents, Otto and Helen Roethke. Otto's borther Carl lived . . . — Map (db m106656) HM

7 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement