Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Original Federal Boundary Stones Historical Markers

The original Federal boundary stones set in 1791-1792 that delimited the 100 square miles of the District of Columbia.
 
Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 9 Marker image, Touch for more information
By F. Robby, January 28, 2008
Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 9 Marker
District of Columbia (Washington), Deanwood — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 9
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Capt Molly Pitcher Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5283) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), East Corner — Original Federal Boundary Stone East
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Dist. of Co. Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5281) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Fort Davis — Original Federal Boundary Stone SE 2
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Marcia Burns Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m73105) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Lamond Riggs — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 3
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Our Flag Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5284) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Lamond Riggs — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 4
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Elizabeth Jackson Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5149) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Marshall Heights — Original Federal Boundary Stone SE 1
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Sarah Franklin Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m82452) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), North Portal Estates — Original Federal Boundary Stone North
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Maryland Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5110) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Palisades — Original Federal Boundary Stone NW 4
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed • 1791 • 1792 Protected by Columbia Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution July 12, 1915 — Map (db m82346) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Shepherd Park — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 1
This plaque marks the site of the District of Columbia North-East Boundary Stone No. 1 originally placed here 1791 - 1792 Presented by The Mary Washington Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution and United States . . . — Map (db m5285) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Takoma — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 2
Jurisdiction of the United States Miles 2 1792 Maryland Var. 1.12 — Map (db m97694) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Washington Highlands — Original Federal Boundary Stone SE 6
On March 30, 1791, a group of six men, bundled in great coats, could be seen riding on horseback over a "wilderness" on the Potomac River. The leader was George Washington, first President of the United States, who was to approve the site selected . . . — Map (db m82361) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Washington Highlands — Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 6
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 6 District of Columbia 1791–1792 Plaque placed in 2014 by Martha Washington Chapter NSDAR Washington, DC — Map (db m82366) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Woodridge — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 5
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Constitution Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5148) HM
District of Columbia (Washington), Woodridge — Original Federal Boundary Stone NE 6
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791–1792 Protected by Livingston Manor Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m5109) HM
Maryland (Montgomery County), Chevy Chase — Original Federal Boundary Stone NW 7
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Place 1791 - 92 Protected by Patriots' Memorial Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1965 — Map (db m73831) HM
Maryland (Montgomery County), Chevy Chase — Original Federal Boundary Stone NW 9
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed - 1791 - 1792 Protected by the Margaret Whetten Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m78776) HM
Maryland (Prince George's County), Brentwood — Original Federal Boundary Stone Northeast 7
Placed in 1791-1792, this is one of forty Aquia Creek sandstone markers outlining the original boundaries of the Federal District as commissioned by President Washington. In 1916, The District of Columbia Daughters of the American Revolution . . . — Map (db m69426) HM
Maryland (Prince George's County), Oxon Hill — Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southeast 7 District of Columbia Placed in 1791-1792 This plaque placed here on the 222nd anniversary of the founding of Washington, DC 1790-2012 Stone maintained by National Society . . . — Map (db m73137) HM
Virginia, Alexandria — First Original Federal Boundary StoneDistrict of Columbia
Placed April 15, 1791. Protected by Mount Vernon Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, April 30, 1926. — Map (db m60178) HM
Virginia, Alexandria — Original Federal Boundary Stone SW 1
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791 - 1792 Protected by Mt. Vernon Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m72932) HM
Virginia, Alexandria — Original Federal Boundary Stone SW 2
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Mt. Vernon Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m73042) HM
Virginia, Alexandria — Original Federal Boundary Stone SW 3
Original Federal Boundary Stone Southwest 3 District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 This plaque placed here on the 200th anniversary of the founding of the City of Washington D.C. Placed here and protected by Colonel John Washington . . . — Map (db m7638) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — Original Federal Boundary Stone NW 1
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia Placed-1791-1792 Protected by Richard Arnold Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution 1916 — Map (db m88153) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — Original Federal Boundary Stone SW 5
Original Federal Boundary Stone 1921 - 1952 District of Columbia Placed 1791-1792 Protected by Keystone Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution — Map (db m73024) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — Original Federal Boundary Stone SW 7
In 1801, this stone represented Arlington's limits. In 2001, this school represents Arlington's boundless horizon. Arlington County Virginia Bicentennial 1801-2001 200 Years of Community — Map (db m88156) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — Original West Corner Stone
Original West Corner Stone District of Columbia 1791 - 1792 Dedication 1952 Rededication 1989 Falls Church Chapter, NSDAR — Map (db m72939) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — Southwest No. 6 Boundary Marker
The U.S. Government erected 40 sandstone markers on the boundaries of the District of Columbia in 1791 and 1792. The boundary survey was initiated by President George Washington and executed by Andrew Ellicott, who became Surveyor General of the . . . — Map (db m66927) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — Southwest No. 8 Boundary Marker
The U.S. Government erected 40 sandstone markers on the boundaries of the District of Columbia in 1791 and 1792. The boundary survey was initiated by President George Washington and executed by Andrew Ellicott, who became Surveyor General of the . . . — Map (db m57120) HM
Virginia (Arlington County), Arlington — SW No. 9 Mile Marker
Original Federal Boundary Stone District of Columbia 1791 Protected by Falls Church Chapter, NSDAR Dedication 1916   Rededication 1989 — Map (db m72996) HM

29 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement