Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Oakland, California Historical Markers

 
<i>USS Oakland</i> Mast Marker image, Touch for more information
By Barry Swackhamer, February 24, 2014
USS Oakland Mast Marker
California (Alameda County), Oakland — USS Oakland Mast
The ship’s mast in front of you is salvaged from the USS Oakland, an anti-aircraft cruiser – typical of many ships that received supplies sent from the Oakland Naval Supply Depot during World War II. The Oakland was assigned to the . . . — Map (db m72102) WM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 1946 General Strike
Site of the 1946 General Strike when Woman Retail Clerks fought For the Right to Organize a Union — Map (db m72701) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 442nd Regimental Combat Team Memorial
Dedicated on August 7, 1992, by E Company Veterans of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, the most decorated United States Army Unit of World War II. The all volunteer 442nd Combat Team was composed of Americans of Japanese ancestry, from the . . . — Map (db m64182) HM WM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — A Haven for Artists
In the late 1800s, Joaquin Miller hosted gatherings of such notables as authors Jack London, Ambrose Bierce, Mark Twain, Bret Harte and Prentice Mulford; English humorist and playwright Tom Hood; illustrator/engraver Frank Leslie; poet Walt Whitman, . . . — Map (db m71761) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Alameda County Courthouses
These five panels tell the stories of Alameda County's five courthouses. Alameda County’s 1st Courthouse Alvarado • 1853-1855 Alameda County’s first courthouse was a converted loft space above a general store in the frontier town . . . — Map (db m72064) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Antonio Bras Columns
These granite columns are all that remain of 4460 Howe Street, built in 1898. This residence was the home of various families connected to St. Mary's and Mountain View Cemeteries and their supporting business. 4460 Howe Street originally belonged to . . . — Map (db m18600) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Anza Expedition of 1776La Expedición de Anza de 1776
This marker consists of two duplicate plaques, one in English and the other in Spanish. The Peralta Family Legacy Luis Maria Peralta was just 17 when he and his family set off for the Bay Area in September 1775m from the town of . . . — Map (db m71330) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Asian Resource Center
1922 A neo-gothic Code Machine Factory never realized On the top floor Women of Chinatown sewed parachutes for WWII — Map (db m72763) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Australian Aviators
To the memory of the Australian Aviators Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith and Captain Charles T. P. Ulm This plaque is dedicated by the Board of Port Commissioners of the City of Oakland as a permanent tribute to the courage and . . . — Map (db m71201) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Black Panther Party Stoplight
Text for this marker is found on both sides of the panel. Side 1 On August 1, 1987 This stoplight was installed as a result of a community initiative spearheaded by the Black Panther Party Side 2 After several . . . — Map (db m72395) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — C. L. DellumsJanuary 3, 1900 – December 6, 1989
I am the Master of my fate / I am the Captain of my soul Sculptor: Carol Tarzier Funded by Federal Transportation Enhancement Activities Grant Commissioned by City of Oakland Public Works Agency encircling the base 1923 - . . . — Map (db m71326) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — California Cotton MillBuilt in 1883 — Fruitvale History Tour Site
The California Cotton Mill was one of Oakland’s earliest and largest industries. Jingletown was named for the mill workers’ habit of jingling coins in their pockets on payday. At its height, the mill had 600 to 700 employees and 20 to 30 . . . — Map (db m71211) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Chabot ObservatoryFounded 1883
This marker, dedicated June 21, 2008, celebrates Chabot Space & Science Center's 125 years of inspiring Bay Area star gazers and curious minds of all ages. From 1883-1915, an observatory on this site housed Chabot's first telescope, "Leah," an . . . — Map (db m18875) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Chappell Roland Hayes1948 – 1994
Community activist and environmentalist, Chappell Hayes was the driving force behind the Clean Air Alternative Coalition which successfully convinced CalTrans to re-route the new Cypress freeway away from West Oakland neighborhoods. Mr. Hayes . . . — Map (db m72223) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Charles P. Howard Terminal
The marine terminal you are facing is the easternmost of the Port of Oakland’s container shipping facilities. Howard Terminal is operated as a joint venture of SSA Terminals and Matson Navigation Company, the principal carrier of containerized . . . — Map (db m71327) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 48 — Charles S. Greene LibraryAfrican-American Museum and Library at Oakland — Oakland Landmark Number 48
Dedicated in 1902 as the Oakland Public Library, this was the first Carnegie Library built in Oakland. Designed in the American Beaux Arts style by architects Bliss and Faville (who later designed the Hotel Oakland), it was Oakland's main library . . . — Map (db m18670) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — CHL 694 — Church of St. James the Apostle
This church founded under authority of Bishop Kip, first Episcopal Bishop for California, has given uninterrupted service to this community since June 27, 1858 — Map (db m72140) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Commemoration of Old Redwood Road from Redwood Canyon
. . . — Map (db m71735) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Cryer & Sons
In operation on the Oakland waterfront from 1907 to 1989, Cryer was one of the best-known builders of small boats in the Bay Area. Founded in San Francisco in the 1890s by English-born William Cryer, the yard was later taken over by his son William . . . — Map (db m71421) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Dunsmuir House
Within this crescent shaped valley is the beautiful 37-room Dunsmuir House, an example of colonial revival Victorian architecture. Built in 1899 on a 415 acre estate by Alexander Dunsmuir, heir to a Canadian coal and lumber fortune, for his bride . . . — Map (db m72061) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Early Harbor
Creating the Cove The transformation of the estuary from industrial harbor to recreational waterway is a major trend in Oakland’s history. The change began at this spot. The Oakland Municipal Yacht Harbor – the city’s first public . . . — Map (db m71420) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — El Camino Rancho San Antonio
About 1820, along this route ran the earliest known road from Mission San Jose over Rancho San Antonio to the ranchos north. Erected by Oakland Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1939 — Map (db m54112) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — El Campanil
El Campanil is the first concrete reinforced structure built west of the Mississippi — Map (db m40071) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Estuary Industry
Railroads & Industries Railroads and shipping set the stage for Oakland's industrial development. Transcontinental trains have been rumbling down the Embarcadero (old First Street) since 1869, and oceangoing vessels have been calling at . . . — Map (db m92790) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Evolution of a Marine Terminal
Oakland’s waterfront has been rebuilt many times in response to changes in marine technology. In 1900 coal-laden schooners discharged their cargo into bunkers on Howard Terminal’s pier. Dockside warehouses, known as transit sheds, held break-bulk . . . — Map (db m71328) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — First Latitude Sighting of the Golden Gate27 March 1772
Capt. Don Pedro, Father Fray Juan Crespi, fourteen soldiers, and a Christian Indian, camped here and took a latitude sighting of the Golden Gate. Agalanes • John Rutledge • Ann Loucks • Mount Diablo • Berkeley Hills • Oakland Campanile • . . . — Map (db m72138) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — First Successful Non-stop Trans-Pacific Air Flight
On Tuesday, June 28, 1927, at 7:08 a.m. Lieutenant Lester J. Maitland and Lieutenant Albert F. Hegenberger, Air Corps United States Army, took off from Oakland Municipal Airport on the first successful non-stop trans-Pacific air flight arriving at . . . — Map (db m71200) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 896 — First Unitarian Church of Oakland
Designed in 1889 by Walter J. Mathews, this solid masonry Romanesque church departed radically from California's traditional Gothic wood frame construction. Noted for its world famous stained glass windows produced by Goodhue of Boston, and for . . . — Map (db m100561) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Food & Ships
Oakland Canneries By the early 20th century, harbor improvements, expanded port facilities, and transcontinental rail service had made Oakland one of the state's leading exporters of processed food of all kinds: canned, dried, bottled, . . . — Map (db m92788) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Francis Marion “Borax” Smith1846 - 1931
The West was pioneered by remarkable men, one of whom was Francis Marion “Borax” Smith. A Wisconsin farm boy, he became one of the great entrepreneurs of California and Nevada. By 1890 he dominated the borax industry and his trademark, . . . — Map (db m72139) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Heinolds’ First and Last Chance Saloon
Two plaques are placed on Heinold's First & Last Chance Saloon. above National Register of Historic Places Heinolds’ First and Last Chance Saloon in continuous operation on this site since 1883 and closely associated with . . . — Map (db m71296) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — History of the Transbay Ferry
Ferry service between Oakland and San Francisco has played a vital role over 145 years. The earliest licensed operator was Captain Thomas Gray who started his stern-wheeler river boat, the “General Sutter”, from a landing at the foot of . . . — Map (db m71255) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — In Memory of Col. John Coffee Hays1-28-1817 • 4-21-1883
Born near Little Cedar Lick, Wilson County, Tennessee. Lived in Mississippi, where he learned surveying. Joined Republic of Texas Army in May, 1836, and served 3 years in ranger/spy companies. Gained fame as an Indian fighter while surveyor for . . . — Map (db m55204) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Jack London1876-1916
In 1886, ten year old Jack London traveled to Oakland with his family and led the rough and ready life of countless other working class lads of that era. Though he labored at menial jobs, the world of books captured his imagination at an early age . . . — Map (db m71230) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Jack LondonJanuary 12, 1876 – November 22, 1916
Oakland’s famed native son was the noted author of “The Call of the Wild”, “The Sea Wolf” and “South Sea Tales”. He was at various times a sailor, Alaskan gold miner, salmon fisher and longshoreman. For a . . . — Map (db m71295) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Jack London Square Development
The building behind you was the Port of Oakland headquarters from late 1961 until 1990. An aluminum skin now covers what was a 1920s cold storage building, the Haslett Warehouse. One third of the original building was demolished to allow . . . — Map (db m71272) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Jack London’s Cabin
In 1968 Russ Kingman, an area businessman with a passion for Jack London, headed an expedition to the Alaskan wilderness to authenticate a tiny cabin discovered in the woods on the north fork of Henderson Creek. The cabin was said to be the . . . — Map (db m71293) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Jefferson Square Park
1853 Oakland was shaped by seven GREEN SQUARES Downtown’s living rooms now only five Parks bring out the Goodness of good people — Map (db m72832) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 107 — Joaquin Miller"Poet of the Sierras”
Joaquin Miller, “Poet of the Sierras,” resided on these acres, named by him “The Hights,” from 1886 to 1913. In this building known as The Abbey, he wrote “Columbus” and other poems. The surrounding trees were . . . — Map (db m100546) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Joaquin Miller’s Abbey
The tiny cottage known as “The Abbey” was built by the 19th century poet and environmentalist Joaquin Miller as part of a inspirational artists’ retreat. He purchased 70 grassy acres, parcel-by-parcel, in “The Hights” above . . . — Map (db m71759) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — John "Alex" Alexander1924-1993
John "Alex" Alexander spent his entire working life at Naval Supply Center Oakland. Symbolic of the many dedicated civilians who worked on the base, Alex inspired others through his tireless work on behalf of the community at large and promoted . . . — Map (db m63171) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Kennedy Tunnel
Opened in 1903, the timber-lined Kennedy Tunnel was the fast route between Oakland and Lafayette, saving four hours of driving around the San Pablo Reservoir. In 1914, it was wired for lights and renamed the Broadway Tunnel. In 1937, after the . . . — Map (db m71764) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Key Route Train Station
On this spot on June 1, 1904, the first Key Route electric train arrived to be welcomed by a crowd of excited residents. From a new ferry pier on the bay off Emeryville it had brought officials and guests to a dedication ceremony here. Key founder . . . — Map (db m72279) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Lafayette Square Timeline
This marker consists of a number of inscribed metal strips embedded in the walkway. 1853 - Map of Oakland is laid out by J. Kellersberg showing seven public squares, including Lafayette Square. Six are symmetrical around Broadway, the . . . — Map (db m72733) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Latham Memorial Fountain Unveiled
Edith Latham and her brother Milton had been gathering the memory of their parents in drawers, cabinets and living rooms until there was no longer space. Their need for a permanent storage site and longing to share the memories led them to imagine a . . . — Map (db m72711) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 40 — Leimert Bridge
The Sausal Creek Arch Bridge, commonly known as the Leimert Bridge since its completion in 1926, is a graceful example of a fixed arch bridge. George Posey, Alameda County Surveyor and engineer of the Posey Tunnel connecting Alameda and Oakland, . . . — Map (db m71767) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 107 — Liberty Hall
Built in 1877, Liberty Hall embodies the many layers of West Oakland history. It is an outstanding example of mid-Victorian commercial architecture, with octagonal turrets, ornamental brackets and window hoods. It was operated as the Western Market . . . — Map (db m72100) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Live Oak Lodge U.D
This Monument marks the approximate location of a building in the loft of which Live Oak Lodge U.D. Free and Accepted Masons of Calif. was instituted on Aug. 19. 1854 That meeting was the beginning of Masonic activities in . . . — Map (db m71213) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Moving Shoreline
Moving Shoreline Oakland's 19-mile shoreline underwent continual change after the Gold Rush, as marsh and tideland was reclaimed for development. The natural shoreline now lies buried under dredged bay sediments and landfill. Here, by the . . . — Map (db m92753) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 28 — Oakland City Hall
Begun in 1911 and completed in 1914, this is Oakland’s fifth City Hall. Its construction was funded with a $1.15 million bond issue passed in 1909. The Beaux Arts design was by the New York firm of Palmer and Hornbostel, winners of a national design . . . — Map (db m72702) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Oakland Railroad History
The railroad industry transformed Oakland from an oak forest to a thriving city. Rapid growth began when the Central Pacific Railroad absorbed local rail lines in 1868 and was granted right-of-way to build a freight and ferry pier. The Oakland Long . . . — Map (db m19209) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Oakland Rails
Railroad Heritage The opening of the transcontinental railroad in 1869 reduced travel time between the East and West Coats from as much as four months by sea to just six days. The Central Pacific made Oakland its western terminus. In 1871, . . . — Map (db m71297) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Oakland War Memorial
In memory of the heroes of the Civil War, Spanish War and the World War who gave their lives that liberty shall not perish June 14, 1920 — Map (db m72915) WM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Oakland’s ChinatownsWa Sung Community Service Club
This marker is made up of two markers and two plaques on the same monument. One Community, Many Locations Chinese first settled in Oakland in the 18502 during the California Gold Rush. Unlike San Francisco’s Chinatown, Oakland’s . . . — Map (db m72762) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Oakland's First Public School
Map (db m18541) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Oakland's First Wharf
This is the approximate site of the first wharf authorized by the town of Oakland and constructed by Horace W. Carpenter at the foot of Main Street (now Broadway) in 1852. The wharf was used for shipping lumber and supplies. — Map (db m71235) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Origins of Oakland
In 1850, a twenty-six year old New Englander named Edson Adams set his sights on 480 acres of oak covered shore at the foot of what is now Broadway, on the banks of San Antonio Creek. Although the land was part of the Peralta family rancho he and . . . — Map (db m71271) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 884 — Paramount Theatre
This is a superior rendering of the "Art Deco" or "Moderne" style of movie palace built during the rise of the motion picture industry. The Paramount, which opened on December 16, 1931, is the most ambitious theatre design of architect Timothy L. . . . — Map (db m100560) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 925 — Peralta HaciendaBegun in 1821 — Fruitvale History Tour Site
The first known inhabitants of Fruitvale were the Ohlone. In 1820 the Spanish crown gave this land to Luis Peralta, making Peralta Hacienda the first non-native settlement in Oakland. From 1820 to 1897, the family had a rancho at this site. . . . — Map (db m28960) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Pony Express Ferry "Oakland"
Dedicated April 23, 1999 Jack London Square By Port of Oakland, William Campbell Family, Dreyers Grand Ice Cream, Alameda/Oakland Ferry Service, Waterfront Plaza Hotel & Jacks, Sportsman's Hall - Pollock Pines Pony Express Home . . . — Map (db m19017) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Preservation ParkAn Overview
Oakland in the late 19th century was a thriving waterfront city, the second largest in the state. A center of commerce and industry, it was also known for advanced notions of civic improvement. Public schools and academies, convenient transit, and . . . — Map (db m18771) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 970 — Rainbow Trout Species Identified
The naming of the Rainbow Trout species was based on fish taken from the San Leandro Creek drainage. In 1855, Dr. W.P. Gibbons, founder of the California Academy of Sciences, was given three specimens obtained from the creek. He described and . . . — Map (db m100566) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Rear Admiral R.J. "Bear" Arnold, U.S.N.
Point Arnold is named after Rear Admiral R.J. "Bear" Arnold, U.S.N.. During World War II, Arnold earned the Navy Cross for extraordinary heroism as the supply officer on the USS YORKTOWN at the Battle of Midway. Chief of the Bureau of Supplies and . . . — Map (db m62994) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Seventh Street
Spine of West Oakland The elevated BART tracks are the latest link in Seventh Street's long history as the transportation spine of West Oakland. The street once led to the long Wharf and Mole on the western waterfront where the . . . — Map (db m92787) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 962 — Site of Blossom Rock Navigation Trees
Until at least 1851, Redwood trees on this site were used as landmarks to avoid striking the treacherous submerged Blossom Rock in San Francisco Bay west of Yerba Buena Island. Although by 1855 the original stems had been logged, today's trees are . . . — Map (db m100564) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 45 — Site of College of CaliforniaOriginal Campus of University of California
University of California, chartered March 23, 1868. Located between Franklin and Harrison, 12th and 14th Streets, from 1869 to 1873, using buildings of former College of California, successor to Contra Costa Academy founded by Henry Durant, June . . . — Map (db m100544) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — 676 — Site of Saint Mary's College
Site of St. Mary's College "The Old Brickpile" 1889-1928 — Map (db m100555) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — St. Augustine's Episcopal ChurchOakland Landmark Number 29
St. Augustine's, originally Trinity Episcopal Church, is one of the oldest Episcopal church buildings in continual use in the city of Oakland today. It was built on land donated by Reverend John Bakewell, D.D., beginning in 1892 and was consecrated . . . — Map (db m50215) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The Black Panther's First Office
On January 2, 1967 The Black Panther Party for Self-Defense 0pened the Party’s first office at this location — Map (db m72382) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The Creation of a Park
Joaquin Miller Park was formed in 1917 when the City of Oakland and its citizens – led by The California Writers Club – purchased 68 acres from the estate of Joaquin Miller, the noted 19th century “Poet of the Sierras” and . . . — Map (db m71737) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The History of the Site of the Shade Tree
This bay front site originally bordered Ohlone Indian settlements. In 1820 the Spanish crown granted it to Luis Maria Peralta. In 1842 it was given to his son Antonio Maria Peralta. The area was acquired by Horace Carpenter (first mayor of Oakland), . . . — Map (db m71212) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The Monument Loop: A Legacy
This 50-minute walk through the park features five rustic monuments. Four of them were hand-made by Joaquin Miller between 1892 and 1913. The walk is steep in places, but provides exhilarating views of the Bay and a visit to the Cascade. . . . — Map (db m71736) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The Music They Played on 7th StreetOakland Walk of Fame — "The Harlem of the West Coast"
Honoring the rich musical heritage of the Blues, Jazz and Gospel artists who played on 7th Street Come explore and learn about a glorious brea in Oakland's musical history! The music they played on 7th Street, Oakland Walk of Game pays . . . — Map (db m92754) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The Pardee House
Built in 1868 by Enoch H, Pardee (1827-96), physician, Mayor of Oakland, State Assemblyman, and Senator, it was the home of the families E. H. Pardee and his son, George C. Pardee (1857- 1941) physician, Mayor of Oakland, Governor of California . . . — Map (db m71298) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — The Port of Oakland
The Port of Oakland was formed on November 10, 1925 when citizen passed bonds for the development of port facilities. On February 12, 1927, the first permanent Board of Port Commissioners was sworn in by Mayor John L. Davie, The Port’s headquarters . . . — Map (db m71270) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Training Wall
This stone wall you see before you is a partial replica of the north training wall, one of two historic jetties called “training walls” because they were designed to direct the forces of the ebb tide to scour Oakland’s shipping channel . . . — Map (db m72206) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Union Point
Creating a Harbor Spreading before you is the Oakland Estuary. This sheltered inlet of San Francisco Bay was once fringed by broad marshes and shallow tidelands which became mud flats at low tide. A rich wildlife habitat, the estuary was a . . . — Map (db m72098) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — USS Oakland CL-AA 95Commissioned: 17 July 1943 Decommissioned: 1 July 1949
Commanding Officers Captain William K. Phillips, USN • Captain Kendall S. Reed, USN • Captain Allen P. Calvert, USN • Captain Thomas J. Casey, USN • Captain John N. Opie III, USN • Captain Hugh J. Martin, USN • Commander E.B. Ellsworth, USN . . . — Map (db m72101) WM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — USS Potomac
Completed in 1934, the Coast Guard Cutter Electra was converted to the presidential yacht and commissioned as a U.S. Navy Vessel, USS Potomac, in 1936. The 165-foot ship, which weighs 376 gross tons and has a cruising speed of . . . — Map (db m19056) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Voyage of the Brooklyn
The voyage of the ship Brooklyn began in New York City on February 4, 1846. On board were members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints who had the provisions, equipment and skills to settle a new land. Under the leadership of . . . — Map (db m92760) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Water & Rails / Brooklyn Basin
There are two plaques, mounted back-to-back, on the same support for this marker. Water & Rails Rancho Heritage Under Spanish and Mexican rule, much of the East Bay, including all of present-day Oakland, lay within the . . . — Map (db m71422) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Western Pacific Mole
On a January morning in 1906, two hundred workmen from Western Pacific Railway and thirty armed “company soldiers” landed on the north training wall and began laying track. Although the City of Oakland had invited this action, it was . . . — Map (db m72207) HM
California (Alameda County), Oakland — Western Union Railroad Depot1910 – 1975 — Oakland Landmark
First Western Pacific transcontinental passenger train drawn by Engine No. 94 arrived in Oakland via Scenic Feather River Route August 22, 1910. Famed California Zephyr began operation in 1949. Adapted to restaurant in 1975. — Map (db m72109) HM

83 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement