Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Tulsa County Oklahoma Historical Markers

 
Washington Irving Marker image, Touch for more information
By Tom Bosse, May 18, 2018
Washington Irving Marker
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Bixby — Washington Irving — (1783-1859)
Near South Memorial Drive (U.S. 64), on the left when traveling north.
Washington Irving was one of America’s greatest writers and is considered the “Father of the American Short Story.” He is best known for THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW, in which Ichabod Crane meets the neadless horseman, and RIP VAN WINKLE, . . . — Map (db m118320) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Bixby — 220 — Washington Irving’s Camp
Near Fry Creek Trail (U.S. 64), on the left when traveling north.
“A Tour on the Prairies” by the great writer, Irving, describes his tour on horseback in Oklahoma with the U.S. Rangers from Fort Gibson. Irving camped on the creek near here, Oct. 12, 1832. Marker sponsored by the Tulsa County . . . — Map (db m118322) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Broken Arrow — Sieling Park
On N. Elm Avenue when traveling east.
Ida Sieling, widow of Henry Sieling and daughter of Herman Scheer, landscaped a run-down, city-owned plot of land across the street from her home into a beautiful botanical park. The Self Culture Club donated additional lots in 1938. Dieling Park . . . — Map (db m42027) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Collinsville — Veterans Building
On Main Street (Oklahoma Route 20) west of 9th Street, on the left when traveling west.

This building is dedicated to those who served our country by the community of Collinsville

Lest We Forget Dedicated to the memory of our departed comrades — Map (db m111484) WM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Collinsville — War Memorial
On Main Street (Oklahoma Route 20) at 9th Street, on the left when traveling west on Main Street.

Army [Seal and Soldier's Creed]

I am an American Soldier. I am a warrior and a member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values. I will always place the mission first. I will never accept . . . — Map (db m111486) WM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Mannford — 173 — Battle of Round Mountain
On Tower Road near SR 51 and Tower Road, on the left when traveling south.
This first battle of the Civil War in Indian Territory began 6 miles south, Nov. 19, 1861, when Col. D.H. Cooper's Confederate vanguard was repulsed by Little Captain's warriors from Opothleyahola's Indian allies moving to north of the Ark. River to . . . — Map (db m52261) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Skiatook — 167 — Battle of Chustenahlah
On W.C. Rogers Boulevard (State Highway 20).
This site, 3.5 miles N.W. is where Col. Jas. McIntosh, 2nd Ark. Mtd. Rifles, routed Loyal Union Indian forces, Dec. 26, 1861. The battle started with fire from the Indian line on Patriot's Hill, 2 Mi. S.W. The Loyal Indians finally fled into Kansas. — Map (db m52264) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Sperry — 171 — Battle of Chusto-Talasah
On West Detroit Street (State Highway 11) at East 98th Street, on the right when traveling north on West Detroit Street.
This Battle site is 9 miles NE., SE at the Caving Banks Bend on Bird Creek. Here Dec 9, 1861 Opothleyahola's Union Indians forced the retreat of Col. D.H. Cooper's Confederate troops. Marker sponsored by the Tulsa Historical Society. — Map (db m39564) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Sperry — Battle of Chusto-Talasah or "Caving Banks"
On North Delaware Avenue.
The Battle of "Caving Banks" was fought on Dec. 9, 1861 between 1500 Texas and Indian calvarymen under Confederate Col. D.H. Cooper and 2500 Loyal Creeks and Cherokees enroute to Kansas with Chief Opothle Yahola. The struggle centered on a log house . . . — Map (db m52260) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 14 — 10th Street & Main Street
On East 10th Street east of South Main Street, on the left when traveling east.
While Route 66 followed 11th Street east and west of downtown Tulsa, between S. Boulder Avenue and S. Elgin Avenue it followed E. 10th Street. As was common all along Route 66, auto-related businesses opened in locations convenient to drivers. . . . — Map (db m142237) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 20 — Admiral Place — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East Admiral Place North at North Harvard Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East Admiral Place North.
The original alignment of Route 66, from its initial designation in 1926 until 1932, came into Tulsa from the east along 11th Street. At Mingo Road, it turned north for about one mile until it reached Federal Drive, now Admiral Place. Route 66 . . . — Map (db m142260) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 5 — Bama Pie Company — 2487 E. 11th Street — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street east of South Columbia Avenue, on the left when traveling east.
Henry and Alabama Marshall founded the BAMA Pie Company in Dallas in 1921. Mrs. "Bama" Marshall baked the pies, while Mr. Marshall handled the marketing. What began as a small operation selling pies at the Woolworth's soda fountain quickly grew . . . — Map (db m142254) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 16 — Blue Dome District — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 2nd Street at South Elgin Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East 2nd Street.
The Blue Dome Historic District has a long connection to Tulsa's history. It developed in the early 1900s with businesses serving the nearby railroad lines. After the designation of Route 66 through the district in 1926, automobile . . . — Map (db m142265) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Booker T. Washington High School — Tulsa, OK — 1913 - 1950 —
On John Hope Franklin Boulevard east of Elgin Avenue, on the right when traveling east.

(front)

Constructed on this site in 1913, Booker T. Washington High School served as the separate school for Black students in Tulsa.

The first building was a four-room wooden frame structure. A sixteen-room brick facility with a . . . — Map (db m111510) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 6 — Casa Loma Hotel (Campbell Hotel) — 2630 E. 11th Street — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street east of South Birmingham Place, on the right when traveling east.
The Casa Loma Hotel was constructed in 1927 by Max Campbell. When Route 66 was re-aligned to 11th Street five years later, it became the first full-service hotel on the Route in Tulsa. The Spanish Mission-style building was uniquely . . . — Map (db m142251) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 15 — Cathedral Square — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On West 10th Street at South Boulder Avenue West, on the right when traveling east on West 10th Street.
The Cathedral Square area, south of the central business district, contains several grand churches with their accompanying educational and support facilities. The churches, constructed between 1912 and 1929, are high-style examples of . . . — Map (db m142236) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 27 — Clinton Heights — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard at South Xenophon Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Southwest Boulevard.
As Route 66 traveled west on Sapulpa Road (Southwest Boulevard), a three-block stretch of West 41st Street developed a mix of residential and commercial properties that provided a transition between the commercial core of Red Fork and . . . — Map (db m142074) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Colonial Garden
The Colonial Garden is the third garden in the series of five historic theme gardens. Colonists claiming the Virginia wilderness brought with them the formal, Dutch-English gardening style prevalent in England during the reign of William and . . . — Map (db m68034) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Creek Nation Council Oak Memorial
On 18th Street at Cheyenne Avenue, on the right when traveling west on 18th Street.
Fire is a revered element of many sacred rituals of the Mvskoke (Muscogee Creek People). The sacred fire represents the divine masculine of the "Epofvnkv" (the Creator) to which all things are connected. The sacred fires were integral to the . . . — Map (db m68043) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Creek Stickball Park — 18th and Cheyenne Ave.
On 18th Street at Cheyenne Avenue, on the left when traveling west on 18th Street.
A-ne-jo-di, or Stickball, is a Creek game played around a single 5-10 meter pole, topped with a brightly painted animal skull, and a blue painted ring 60 cm toward the top. Points are scored by hitting the pole above the blue ring, or . . . — Map (db m68049) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 29 — Crystal City — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard north of West 43rd Place, on the right when traveling north.
Amusement parks became popular in the early 1900s. Building on the array of entertainment options offered by the traveling circus, the typical amusement park featured a midway full of games, sideshows, and exhibits; mechanical rides and indoor . . . — Map (db m142066) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 19 — Cyrus Avery — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East Admiral Place east of North Yale Avenue, on the right when traveling east.
Widely acknowledged as the "Father of Route 66," Cyrus Avery was born on August 31, 1871 in Stephensville, Pennsylvania. After graduating from William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri, Avery moved to Indian Territory where he was a manager of . . . — Map (db m142268) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — David L. Boren Boulevard
On David L. Boren Boulevard, in the median.
Front This boulevard was named in honor of David L. Boren, the 13th President of the University of Oklahoma by the University of Oklahoma Board of Regents to mark the 10th anniversary of his presidency.

Prior to becoming President of . . . — Map (db m100133) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 9 — Dry Cleaners — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street at South Victor Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East 11th Street.
Before the washing machine became a standard feature in nearly every home, people took their clothes to professionals for cleaning. Four different businesses formed a "Dry Cleaner District" along Route 66. Constructed from the late 1920s to the . . . — Map (db m142249) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Elliott Building
On Cincinnati Avenue at 9th Street, on the right when traveling south on Cincinnati Avenue.
The Elliott Building at 9th and Cincinnati housed the original site of the Oklahoma College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery from July 1974 to December 1977. Tulsa Junior College generously provided room for President John W. Barson, Ed.D., . . . — Map (db m67907) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — First Oil Well in Tulsa County
On Southwest Boulevard (State Highway 66) south of West 41st Street South, in the median.
First oil well in Tulsa County, completed on June 25, 1901 .4 mi west by Drs. J.C.W. Bland and Fred S. Clinton. This well brought first nation wide publicity and oil boom to Indian Ter. Rapid industrial development made Tulsa "Oil Capital of the . . . — Map (db m34129) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — First Presbyterian Church Centennial
On Boston Avenue at 7th Street, on the left when traveling south on Boston Avenue.
First church in Tulsa First meetings - 1883 Chartered as a congregation - 1885 The Centennial Marker Given 1985 by the Mr. and Mrs. Class Organized in 1929 — Map (db m68019) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Indian Memorial
On Edison Street at Maybelle Avenue/Country Club Drive, on the left when traveling west on Edison Street.

682 feet east of this marker the territories of the Cherokee • Creek • Osage Tribes of Indians join in a common boundary point

On June 2, 1825, the Osage Nation, under treaty with the U.S. granted certain lands to the . . . — Map (db m111583) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — International Petroleum Exposition
On 21st Street, on the right when traveling west.

The International Petroleum Exposition was founded at Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1923 providing a display to the world of the latest in equipment, operational ideas and practices used in the petroleum and related industries.

When the first . . . — Map (db m111504) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — John Hope Franklin Reconciliation Park
On Elgin Avenue north of Mathew B. Brady Street, on the left when traveling north.

"I think knowing one's history leads one to act in a more enlightened fashion. I can not imagine how knowing one's history would not urge one to be an activist."

Dr. John Hope Franklin

who forever changed the way that Americans . . . — Map (db m111647) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Mary Veasey Leech — In Honor of
On 18th Street at Cheyenne Avenue, on the left when traveling west on 18th Street.
In 1913, when Mary Veasey Leech was eight years old, she moved into the house across from the Council Oak Tree. Her father, James Alexander Veasey, taught young Mary about respect for our history and for all people. The pair ensured that the . . . — Map (db m68047) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 18 — McIntyre Airport — SE corner of Admiral Place and Sheridan Road — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East Admiral Place at South Sheridan Avenue, on the right when traveling east on East Admiral Place.
Duncan McIntyre: "Father of Tulsa Aviation" was a former Air Force instructor and military barnstormer. In 1919, as he was on his way to Spokane, Washington, he decided to stop in Tulsa to visit an old war buddy. He ended up staying here until . . . — Map (db m142271) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Mt. Zion Baptist Church — Tulsa, Oklahoma — "The Church That Faith Built" —
On Elgin Avenue at Easton Street/McCutchens Circle, on the right when traveling north on Elgin Avenue.

Built and dedicated April 4, 1921

Completely reduced to charred smoldering ruin during Tulsa's infamous race riot June 1, 1921

Rebuilt and dedicated as a monument to faithfulness and perseverance October 21, 1952

Dedicated . . . — Map (db m111646) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Not Just a Ball Game — Pokkecetv Atekose Tokot Omes — Sculpted by Sandra Van Zandt —
On 18th Street at Cheyenne Avenue, on the left when traveling west on 18th Street.
Pokkecetv mahoke tomes momes tomisen matekoset tokot omes. Nake acaket ontomen safvcket omhoyatet tomes. Epofvnkv emaye sarakecat omhoyates. Pokkape waret huerihocvt acayecet omhoyate tomes. Honvntaket momen hoktaket etemafvckake tomes. Pokkon . . . — Map (db m68050) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Oklahoma Natural Gas Company Building
On Boston Avenue at 7th Street, on the right when traveling south on Boston Avenue.
was listed on the National Register of Historic Places April 10, 1984 by the Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C. Constructed in 1928, the Oklahoma Natural Gas Building . . . — Map (db m67911) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Pentane (C5H12) Molecular Model
On Boston Avenue at 6th Street, on the right when traveling north on Boston Avenue.
Oil and gas - produced by Amoco Production Company in more than 1200 fields in North America - are among the most adaptable resources known to modern man. Hydrocarbon molecules from oil and gas are the building blocks for thousands of products . . . — Map (db m68020) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Perryman Cemetery
On E 32nd St, on the right when traveling west.
In 1849, Lewis Perryman, one of the most prominent ranchers and traders in the Creek Nation, built a ranch complex on Crow Creek in the southwest corner of what is now Zink Park. After the Civil War, the ranch was operated by Lewis' son, . . . — Map (db m101674) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Philtower Building
On Boston Avenue at 5th Street, on the right when traveling north on Boston Avenue.
was listed on the National Register of Historic Places August 27, 1979 by the Office of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C. Constructed in 1928, the Philtower was designed by . . . — Map (db m68022) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Pioneer Association Picnic Grounds 1921 Memorial
On Edison Street at Maybelle Avenue/Country Club Drive, on the left when traveling west on Edison Street.

This marker and the upright monument moved from original location on Kennedy Farm on West Newton in 1950. Horizontal slabs added later.

Memorial

This stone marks the ground where "Old Timers" who had lived in Tulsa and . . . — Map (db m111535) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 23 — Quanah Retail Center — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard at West 23rd Street, on the right when traveling north on Southwest Boulevard.
Commercial development of S. Quanah (sometimes spelled "Quannah") Avenue between W. 21st Street and W. 22nd Place took off after World War II as businesses relocated from the older commercial center in the 1700 block to this newer area. . . . — Map (db m142233) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 28 — Red Fork — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard at West 41st Street, on the right when traveling west on Southwest Boulevard.
The Arkansas River was a major obstacle for cattle drivers leading herds from grazing fields in Texas to slaughter houses in Kansas. Before construction of the Frisco Railroad bridge in 1883, crossing the river was a complicated task, compounded . . . — Map (db m142068) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Replica of the Statue of Liberty
On Harvard Avenue at 17th Street, on the left when traveling south on Harvard Avenue.

With the faith and courage of their forefathers who made possible the freedom of these United States

The Boy Scouts of America

dedicated this replica of the Statue of Liberty as a pledge of everlasting fidelity and . . . — Map (db m111406) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 2 — Rose Bowl Lanes — 7914 E. 11th St. — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street east of South 73rd Avenue E, on the left when traveling east.
Rose Bowl Lanes was constructed in 1962. Architect William Henry Ryan based the unique design on concrete bomb shelters he had seen in Germany during World War I. The free-standing reinforced concrete structure did not need interior supports and . . . — Map (db m142275) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 26 — Route 66 Historical Village — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard at South Yukon Avenue, on the right when traveling south on Southwest Boulevard.
The Route 66 Historical Village presents an open-air collection of railroad, transportation, and oil industry artifacts, painstakingly restored, along with other replica features. To honor the legacy of the industries that built Tulsa and to . . . — Map (db m142072) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 1 — Route 66 Motels — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street east of East Skelly Drive, on the left when traveling east.
As automobiles became a popular mode of travel for leisure-seekers, early "auto-enthusiasts" camped along the roadside or in organized tourist campgrounds. Beginning in the 1920s, motor courts and motels developed along busier highways to . . . — Map (db m142277) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 25 — Sapulpa Road — Route 66 Motorist Center — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard, on the right when traveling south.
Electrically powered interurban trolley systems were popular in metropolitan areas in the early twentieth century before personal automobiles became common. The first interurban system in the Tulsa area began in Sapulpa, southwest of Red Fork, . . . — Map (db m142076) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Schusterman Center Clinic
On East 47th Street south of East 41st Street, on the right when traveling south.
(side 1) OU-Tulsa's Schusterman Center Clinic opened in 2007 to provide the best quality of medical care to serve Tulsa and the surrounding area as well as foster the expansion of medical research. The 100,000-square-foot, $35 million . . . — Map (db m90522) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Simσn Bolνvar
Liberator of Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia and Panamα. Born: Caracas, Venezuela July 24, 1783 Died: Santa Marta, Colombia December 17, 1830 "I prefer the title of Citizen to that of Liberator, because while the latter . . . — Map (db m68030) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — The Bridge that Saved Tulsa
On Riverside Drive, on the left when traveling north.
The first wagon bridge over the Arkansas River crossed the river very near the present day Eleventh Street bridge. The Bridge That Saved Tulsa Because bonds could not be issued in Tulsa's village days, many despaired of bridging the . . . — Map (db m100272) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — The Gillies — The University of Tulsa / City of Tulsa Partnership
Gilcrease Museum pays tribute to the 13 visionary women who founded The Gillies, a volunteer organization formed in 1967 to serve the many needs of the museum. We salute these community leaders who played such an important role in developing . . . — Map (db m68029) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — The Tulsa Race Riot of 1921
On Elgin Avenue north of Mathew B. Brady Street, on the left when traveling north.

The Tulsa race riot of 1921 was the single worst incident of racial violence in American history. It began after Dick Rowland, a nineteen-year-old African American shoe shiner, was accused of assaulting Sarah Page, a young white elevator . . . — Map (db m111650) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — The University of Oklahoma Schusterman Learning Center
Near S. Yale Avenue.
Front The University of Oklahoma Schusterman Learning Center was completed in 2008 and was made possible by the State Higher Education Bond Issue and a generous gift from the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation. Additional major . . . — Map (db m100131) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — A 20 — The University of Tulsa.
On East 11th St (U.S. 66), on the right when traveling west.
Two blocks north is the University of Tulsa. The institution was founded as Henry Kendall College at Muskogee, Indian Territory, in 1894, under the sponsorship of the Board of Missions of the Presbyterian Church. In 1907 the college was moved to . . . — Map (db m99349) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Tower of Reconciliation and Healing Walkway — "Oklahoma - 1541 to the Present" — Sculpture by Ed Dwight
On Elgin Avenue north of Mathew B. Brady Street, on the left when traveling north.

Healing Walkway "Lifting as we climb-The eternal verities shall prevail" ~ B.C. Franklin ~ ———————————————————— . . . — Map (db m111663) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 10 — Tulsa Monument Company — 1735 E. 11th Street — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street at South Victor Avenue, on the left when traveling east on East 11th Street.
In 1936, Edwin and Jessie Holmes, owners of the Tulsa Monument Company, announced a move from their long time downtown location at 11 West Brady Street to this location. The move coincided with the company's fortieth anniversary selling . . . — Map (db m142247) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Tulsa Oklahoma World War Memorial
Near East 51st Street South at South 90th Avenue East, on the left when traveling west.
In memory of the illustrious men of Tulsa County who gave their lives for their country in the World War 1917-1918 Here is no rank or situation -- no high or low estate, the famous and the lowly are not famous or lowly here. Every . . . — Map (db m90794) WM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 24 — Tulsa's First Oil Strike — Fueling the rise of the automobile era — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard, on the right when traveling north.
With the growing popularity of the automobile and the internal combustion engine in the early twentieth century, gasoline became the primary product derived from crude oil, rather than earlier products such as kerosene and lubricants. To produce . . . — Map (db m142078) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Tulsa's First Post Office
On S Troost Ave, on the right when traveling south.
522 feet north of this point on March 25, 1879 was established Tulsa's first post office. Known at that time as "Tulsey Town" Creek Nation, Indian Territory, Josiah C. Perryman Post-Master. — Map (db m101675) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Tulsa's Oldest House — (still in existence)
On Edison Street at Maybelle Avenue/Country Club Drive, on the left when traveling west on Edison Street.

Typical house of early 1880's Originally built on acreage 400 North Cheyenne was parsonage home of Rev Sylvester Morris Tulsa Indian Territory Methodist minister (1836-1907) — Map (db m111532) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — University of Oklahoma Schusterman Center
Near East 47th Street south of East 41st Street, on the left when traveling south.
(side 1) The university of Oklahoma Schusterman Center was established in 1999 and named in honor of Charles and Lynn Schusterman of Tulsa. Charles Schusterman, distinguished OU alumnus and inaugural member of OU's Seed Sower Society, . . . — Map (db m90523) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — Washington Irving — Historian, Traveler, Statesman and Author — Born April 3, 1783 • Died Nov. 28, 1859 —
On Easton Street at Vancouver Avenue, in the median on Easton Street.

Excerpts Washington Irving's Tour on the Prairies 1832 ———————————— "It seems to me as if these beautiful regions answer literally to the description of the . . . — Map (db m111585) HM

Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 22 — West Tulsa — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On Southwest Boulevard at West 17th Place, on the right when traveling south on Southwest Boulevard.
Settlements on the west side of the Arkansas River proliferated following completion of the railroad bridge in 1883. After the Red Fork oil strike in 1901 scores of people moved to the area and it was annexed into Tulsa in September 1907. In . . . — Map (db m142234) HM
Oklahoma (Tulsa County), Tulsa — 4 — Wolf Robe Hunt's Indian Trading Post — 3311 E. 11th Street — Tulsa's Historic Route 66 —
On East 11th Street at South Indianapolis Avenue, on the left when traveling east on East 11th Street.
The Browsery building was constructed c. 1937 as a block of three buildings which hosted many businesses throughout the decades. Its most famous resident, Wayne Henry "Wolf Robe'" Hunt, ran an Indian Trading Post and offered all manner . . . — Map (db m142258) HM

63 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement